Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)
4998 Discussions

question related to Vtune

BYZheng
Beginner

Hello!

I am trying to profiling a C program using Vtune. on Linux.

the error shows below:

BYZheng_0-1647875259156.png

I tried the compile flag -u SYMBOL as another post on 2017.

but it remain the same. I cannot understand the problem.  

Thank you.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We were unable to reproduce the issue from our end. Steps we followed are mentioned below. Could you please provide the following information so that we can investigate the issue from our end?

1. A minimal sample reproducer code

2. Steps to reproduce the issue

3. Vtune version

“If the binary file does not export some of the symbols, use the -u linker switch (for example, specify -Wl,-u__errno_location if you use compiler for linking) to include symbols into the binary file at the linking stage of compilation.”

While we investigate the issue from our end, could you please try -Wl,-u__errno_location if you are using compiler for linking

Please refer the latest documentation on Analyze Statically Linked Binaries on Linux* Targets for more information on the error: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/vtune-help/top/set-up-analysis-target/linux-targets/analyze-statically-linked-binaries-linux-targets.html

Steps we tried from our end

1. Created a sample c program program.c

icc -O2 -g program.c -o program2

(Refer Prepare a C++ Application on Linux for more information)

vtune -collect performance-snapshot -- ./program2 //ran performance snapshot on it

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard from you. Is your issue is resolved? Can we discontinue monitoring this thread?

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos
Gopika_Intel

Hi,

We have not heard back from you. This thread will no longer be monitored by Intel. If you need further assistance, please post a new question.

Regards

Gopika

0 Kudos