Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

socwatch and vtsspp drivers not loaded

Marshall__Andrew
Beginner

Hi,

I have been able to build the sampling drivers and signed them for use with secure boot. However, `insmod-q` returns the following:

pax driver is loaded and owned by group "vtune" with file permissions "660".
socperf3 driver is loaded and owned by group "vtune" with file permissions "660".
sep5 driver is loaded and owned by group "vtune" with file permissions "660".
socwatch driver is not loaded.
vtsspp driver is not loaded.

No further information is provided. How do I load the socwatch and vtsspp drivers? I am unable to get callstack information without loading these drivers.

Regards,

Andrew.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ArunJ_Intel

Hey Andrew, 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please check and provide us with the below details

1)Which operating system and kernel version are you using?

2)Can you try build drivers using the build-driver script present in {vtune_intallation_directory}/sepdk/src  , 
And see if  building drivers show any errors for vtsspp and socwatch or does the build complete successfully

3)If the build completes successfully, you could use the below steps to load vtsspp driver

cd {vtune_intalled_directory}/sepdk/src/vtsspp
./insmod-vtsspp -r

Thanks
Arun Jose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArunJ_Intel

Hey Andrew, 

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please check and provide us with the below details

1)Which operating system and kernel version are you using?

2)Can you try build drivers using the build-driver script present in {vtune_intallation_directory}/sepdk/src  , 
And see if  building drivers show any errors for vtsspp and socwatch or does the build complete successfully

3)If the build completes successfully, you could use the below steps to load vtsspp driver

cd {vtune_intalled_directory}/sepdk/src/vtsspp
./insmod-vtsspp -r

Thanks
Arun Jose

0 Kudos
Marshall__Andrew
Beginner

HI,

Thanks for the response. I have been able to load the drivers using the individual `insmod` scripts as you suggested.

Regards,

Andrew.

0 Kudos
ArunJ_Intel

Thanks Andrew for the confirmation, we are closing this case. Please feel free to raise a new thread in case of further issues.

0 Kudos