Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

unresolved address

SIRI_U___Intel_
Beginner
In my sampling hotspot results, the most active function was listed as . What is this referring to?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

I heard similar reports before v9.1 - for now, most of such cases are caused by the user, who didn't set compiler/linker options correctly. We suggest the user to use "/Zi", "/DEBUG", "/Fixed:no"fortheir release build.

The user can useVTune Analyzer's "Open Static Module Viewer..." to verify ifexpected functions nameare shown up.

Are you using pure C/C++ programming?

Are you using Large Address space?

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos
SIRI_U___Intel_
Beginner

Hi Peter,

I used the build options that you suggested and still get the same result. My application has some embedded assembly code as well. what do you mean m=by "large address space" ?

Thanks,

Siri

0 Kudos
Peter_W_Intel
Employee

Hi Siri,

"Large Address Space" I said last time, I guess your application is big32-bit application, but run it on 64-bit platform to cause out of memory issue (exceed 2 gig). Usually we use "editbin.exe /LARGEADDRESSWARE your_app.exe". Ifyou have no such case, please ignore.

I mentioned to use VTune Analyzer's "Open Static Module Viewer..." to open your app, can you find expected function name (symbols)? (or use "dumpbin.exe /SYMBOLS"?). I want to know if this problem was caused by compiling or VTune Analyzer.

You said that your application has "embedded" assembly code - did you mean "inline" assembly code in C++ code.It should be not the problem!

Regards, Peter

0 Kudos