Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

vTune won't install?

marton
Beginner
Hello,

I'm having problems installing vTune on my XPSP2 main box. I go through the usual dialogs (license, install type, etc) then the progress bar starts, goes about halfway, and then I get a message that the setup could not be completed.

Any ideas?

-Marton
0 Kudos
3 Replies
David_A_Intel1
Employee
What version of the VTune analyzer are you trying to install? Have you downloaded version 7.2. There is a known issue with version 7.1 on Microsoft Windows* XP SP2 (http://www.intel.com/support/performancetools/vtune/v71/sb/cs-014754-prd1391.htm).
0 Kudos
marton
Beginner
Thanks, the new download (7.2) installs just fine. It wasn't available when I purchased VTune and I wasn't notified of the new version either.

-Marton
0 Kudos
David_A_Intel1
Employee
I'm glad it's working now.
If you have registered your purchase and created your support account on Intel Premier Support, you will receive an automated email notifying you of new releases available for download. Perhaps the notification was sent prior to your registering?
The other thing to do is periodically (i.e., monthly) check the "What's New?" section on Intel Premier Support. When new releases are made available, we typically post somethingin the"What's New?" section that stays there for a month or more.
0 Kudos