Analyzers
Talk to fellow users of Intel Analyzer tools (Intel VTune™ Profiler, Intel Advisor)

viewing created xml fles

newport_j
Beginner

I have to ask the question again. How do I view the created xml files from a run of Intel Advisor xe 2013?

I know that xml files must be associated with a styleshheet, but I do not know how to link them and what stylesheet to link.

I can create xml from command line runs, but what about viewing them?

The same can be said of csv files, but let us just take xml files first.

Any help appreciated.

Newport_j

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello newport_j, Typically, the Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013 GUI takes care of visualizing the data generated (by say the "survey" step). Command Line Interface can be used to generate reports. However, the use model does not involve viewing or processing the XML files directly. Are you working in an exclusively command line environment? If so, I recommend generating text report files and viewing them using text editors. If I misunderstood your query, please send me an email or clarify the context of this request in greater detail (say, what Intel(R) Advisor XE 2013 step were you in when you wanted to process the xml or csv file, etc). Please let me know if I can help further. Thank you. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos
newport_j
Beginner
I am new to using this software. I have gone through the tutorials and I think that I have gotten something out of them. Howver, anything that is as new as this software, I prefer to do all by command line. It just sems to be easier to learn. You learn the software and not the GUI. So that is how I am workig it now. I will develop skills using the GUI later. However, I have generated a lot of xml files and some csv files which I cannot view! It would be nice to view them! I need to view them and hence my question. Newport_j Any
0 Kudos
newport_j
Beginner
I am new to using this software. I have gone through the tutorials and I think that I have gotten something out of them. Howver, anything that is as new as this software, I prefer to do all by command line. It just sems to be easier to learn. You learn the software and not the GUI. So that is how I am workig it now. I will develop skills using the GUI later. However, I have generated a lot of xml files and some csv files which I cannot view! It would be nice to view them! I need to view them and hence my question. Newport_j Any
0 Kudos
Ravi_V_Intel
Employee
Hello Newport_j, I understand your perspective better now. As I mentioned in an earlier post, Intel(R) Advisor XE use model does not involve viewing or processing the XML files directly. Rather, the xml files are used by the Intel(R) Advisor XE tool to visualize data within the GUI or by the CLI to report as necessary. Intel(R) Advisor XE GUI, I believe, is designed to be very easy to use. In fact, the Intel(R) Advisor XE workflow is likely to make it easier to use the tool as it guides you in the tool usage in a step by step fashion. Please give it a shot. I hope you will like it enough to work with it more closely. PS: CSV files can be imported into a spreadsheet and then viewed or post-processed. Please let me know if I can help further. Thank you. Intel Developer Support
0 Kudos