Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Adding an Avalon FIFO IP with PCIeDMA Transfer Example design (Provided in CD) for Arria 10 GX FPGA

travisa
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to stream in data from an external source (through QSFP+)  to the  DDR4 memory and then do a DMA transfer the data to a Computer through PCIe.

For that I would like to use a FIFO to push data  (that comes from QSFP+) into the DDR4 elements.

My plan is to integrate the Avalon FIFO Memory Intel FPGA IP with the  PCIe DMA transfer example design for Windows (Provided in DE5a-Net CD/Demonstrations/PCIe_DDR4/) mention in the Chapter-7 (section 7.6 from page number 130) of the attached manual (DE5a-Net Arria 10 FPGA) DE5a-Net_User_Manual.pdf

Any suggestion or documentation for an additional IP with an example design is most welcome.

PS: I am working in DE5a-Net-DDR4 Arria 10 GX (10 AX115N2F45E1SG) and use Quartus Prime Pro version 18.1

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdzimZM_Intel
Employee

Hi travisa,

There is another thread that has been created with similar description on https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-Intellectual-Property/Integrating-a-Avalon-FIFO-IP-to-the-PCIe-DMA-transfer-example/m-p/1427485#M26591

Please post your related question in previous thread. This thread will be transitioned to community support.

Thank you.

0 Kudos