Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Aoc compilation error on devcloud

Weihao
Beginner

Hello,

I'm using the FPGA DevCloud, more specifically, the Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming with Development Stack 1.2.1. I try to use aoc to compile the openCL file. The command is:

aoc -profile -fpc -fp-relaxed -report -fmax=500 lu.cl -o lu.aocx

But I got these errors:

aoc: Warning: no argument provided for the option -profile, will enable profiling for all kernels by default
Warning: -fpc will override all instances of #pragma clang fp contract(fast)
Warning: -fp-relaxed will override all instances of #pragma clang fp reassoc
aoc: Selected default target board pac_a10
aoc: Running OpenCL parser....
aoc: OpenCL parser completed
aoc: Linking Object files....
aoc: Optimizing and doing static analysis of code...
warning: lu.cl:96:3: loop not unrolled: the optimizer was unable to perform the requested transformation; the transformation might be disabled or specified as part of an unsupported transformation ordering
warning: lu.cl:182:3: loop not unrolled: the optimizer was unable to perform the requested transformation; the transformation might be disabled or specified as part of an unsupported transformation ordering
warning: lu.cl:447:3: loop not unrolled: the optimizer was unable to perform the requested transformation; the transformation might be disabled or specified as part of an unsupported transformation ordering

!===========================================================================
! The report below may be inaccurate. A more comprehensive
! resource usage report can be found at lu/reports/report.html
!===========================================================================

+--------------------------------------------------------------------+
; Estimated Resource Usage Summary ;
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------+
; Resource + Usage ;
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------+
; Logic utilization ; 28% ;
; ALUTs ; 18% ;
; Dedicated logic registers ; 12% ;
; Memory blocks ; 19% ;
; DSP blocks ; 1% ;
+----------------------------------------+---------------------------;
aoc: First stage compilation completed successfully.
aoc: Compiling for FPGA. This process may take several hours to complete. Prior to performing this compile, be sure to check the reports to ensure the design will meet your performance targets. If the reports indicate performance targets are not being met, code edits may be required. Please refer to the Intel FPGA SDK for OpenCL Best Practices Guide for information on performance tuning applications for FPGAs.
Error (125080): Can't open project -- Quartus Prime Settings File contains one or more errors
Error (23035): Tcl error: ERROR: You must open a project before you can use this command.
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script add_bbb_to_pr_project.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 3 errors, 1 warning
Error (16045): Instance "fpga_top|inst_green_bs|freeze_wrapper_inst|pr_region_inst|kernel_system_inst|lu_sys|kernel_collector_gather_O_autorun_run_on_device_185_std_ic_inst|kernel_collector_gather_O_autorun_run_on_device_185_cra_slave_inst" instantiates undefined entity "kernel_collector_gather_O_autorun_run_on_device_185_function_cra_slave" File: /home/u50485/t2s-os/t2s/tests/performance/LU/e3_1d/lu/build/lu_sys.v Line: 1506
Error (16185): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "fpga_top|inst_green_bs|freeze_wrapper_inst|pr_region_inst|kernel_system_inst|lu_sys|kernel_collector_gather_O_autorun_run_on_device_185_std_ic_inst|kernel_collector_gather_O_autorun_run_on_device_185_cra_slave_inst" File: /home/u50485/t2s-os/t2s/tests/performance/LU/e3_1d/lu/build/lu_sys.v Line: 1506
Error (16185): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "fpga_top|inst_green_bs|freeze_wrapper_inst|pr_region_inst|kernel_system_inst|lu_sys|kernel_collector_gather_O_autorun_run_on_device_185_std_ic_inst" File: /home/u50485/t2s-os/t2s/tests/performance/LU/e3_1d/lu/build/lu_sys.v Line: 108
Error (16185): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "fpga_top|inst_green_bs|freeze_wrapper_inst|pr_region_inst|kernel_system_inst|lu_sys" File: /home/u50485/t2s-os/t2s/tests/performance/LU/e3_1d/lu/build/kernel_system.v Line: 82
Error (16185): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "fpga_top|inst_green_bs|freeze_wrapper_inst|pr_region_inst|kernel_system_inst" File: /home/u50485/t2s-os/t2s/tests/performance/LU/e3_1d/lu/build/ip/pr_region.v Line: 220
Error (16185): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "fpga_top|inst_green_bs|freeze_wrapper_inst|pr_region_inst"
Error (16185): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "fpga_top|inst_green_bs|freeze_wrapper_inst" File: /home/u50485/t2s-os/t2s/tests/performance/LU/e3_1d/lu/build/platform/green_bs.sv Line: 113
Error (16185): Can't elaborate user hierarchy "fpga_top|inst_green_bs" File: /nfs/site/disks/pac_build_1/psgpacbuild/SC/adapt/nightly/19.1/367/l64/work/platform/dcp_1.0-rc/design/top/fpga_top.v Line: 621
Error (16186): Can't elaborate top-level user hierarchy
Error: Flow failed:
Error: Quartus Prime Synthesis was unsuccessful. 10 errors, 425 warnings
Error (293001): Quartus Prime Full Compilation was unsuccessful. 11 errors, 425 warnings
Error (23035): Tcl error: ERROR: Error(s) found while running an executable. See report file(s) for error message(s). Message log indicates which executable was run last.
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script a10_partial_reconfig/flow.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 17 errors, 425 warnings
Error (23035): Tcl error:
Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script build/entry.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 2 errors, 0 warnings
Error: Compiler Error, not able to generate hardware

Could you help me find what's wrong? 

Thanks!

Weihao

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Kenny_Tan

May I know which nodes that you were using? Are you using Darby creek or Rush creek?

0 Kudos
Weihao
Beginner

I'm using the node for "Arria 10 PAC Compilation and Programming - RTL AFU, OpenCL" and seclect version "1.2.1". 

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Weihao

May I know you are referring to which document ? can point me to it ?

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

can you try to cd to your project directory and run aoc -profile -fpc -fp-relaxed -report -fmax=500 lu.cl -o lu.aocx

Can point me to which document or tutorial ?

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

you can try to cd to your project directory and run aoc -profile -fpc -fp-relaxed -report -fmax=500 lu.cl -o lu.aocx

0 Kudos
Weihao
Beginner

Thank you very much. I have avoided this problem by using version 1.2.  You can close this thread.

0 Kudos