Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, DLA, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
424 Discussions

CL_OUT_OF_HOST_MEMORY error when running in HETERO mode (-d HETERO: FPGA, CPU).

SGrif4
Beginner

Hardware/Software Used

Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2018 R5

Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA (IEI's Mustang-F100-A10)

Run pedestrian demo will mall.mp4 video following video tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKH57mvO9k0),

but got errors.

Takeaways:

Seems to run on CPU, will not run on FPGA due to “OUT OF HOST MEMORY” error, shown below.

Questions/Concerns:

·     Not really sure what the performance metric would be on this kind of demo / I don’t know where to output an FPS or other metric

o  Copy from face detection to get fps on pedestrian tracker

·     Works on CPU, does not run on HETERO:FPGA,CPU (error screenshot below)

Trying Different Bitstreams

·     MobileNet / SqueezeNet / Generic / AlexNet_GoogleNet / ResNet / TinyYolo_SSD300 / VGG error

error1.png

·     ELU / RMNet error

error2.png

o  Video pops up briefly then goes away, doesn’t show tracking mechanism

Notes / Appendix:

Code to run, from Release directory: ieisw@ieiswSER0:~/inference_engine_samples/intel64/Release$

./pedestrian_tracker_demo -i ~/FPGA_POV1/mall.mp4 -m_det /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-detection-retail-0013/FP32/person-detection-retail-0013.xml -d_det CPU -m_reid /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-reidentification-retail-0031/FP32/person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml -d_reid CPU -pc

./pedestrian_tracker_demo -i ~/FPGA_POV1/mall.mp4 -m_det /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-detection-retail-0013/FP32/person-detection-retail-0013.xml -d_det HETERO:FPGA,CPU -m_reid /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/person-reidentification-retail-0031/FP32/person-reidentification-retail-0031.xml -d_reid HETERO:FPGA,CPU -pc

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which board and OpenVINO version are you using? If you are using OpenVINO 2018 then could you upgrade it to OpenVINO 2019R1?

SGrif4
Beginner

Hardware/Software Used

Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2018 R5

Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Arria® 10 FPGA (IEI's Mustang-F100-A10)

Whoops, forgot to put that at the top. Thanks!

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D70P000006QkKSSA0

JohnT_Intel
Employee

Could you upgrade our OpeVINO to 2019R1.1 version?