Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

FPGA DevCloud: Quartus Pro on X2Go server

psk27182
Beginner

I want to simulate and implement RTL projects on DevCloud. I wanted to run Quartus Pro on X2Go desktop. As per the instructions, I am supposed to edit quartus_setup.sh file. I am neither able to find the setup script nor the Quartus Pro software to launch. Basically I cannot find the locations of these files in the X2Go desktop. On terminal, is I try to edit, it says 'No such files or directories'. Am I missing something? How do we go about launching and running Quartus Pro? Do I need to install QP on my local device?

Instructions:

https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/QuickStartGuides/RTL_DE_board_Quickstart

https://github.com/intel/FPGA-Devcloud/tree/master/main/Devcloud_Access_Instructions#50-Connecting-to-Servers-Running-FPGA-Development-Software

Local PC details: Intel Core i7 OS: Linux Mint

0 Kudos
7 Replies
khyam
Novice

All development tools are available in the /glob/development-tools folder. For Quartus development tools select the version folder. This folder has Quartus lite, standard, and pro versions.  For the pro version select the intelFPGA_pro folder.

you can find the Quartus pro 20.1 in the below path.

/glob/development-tools/version/intelFPGA_pro/20.1/quartus/bin

launch pro using  ./quartus command.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @psk27182,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, please do let us know if issues still persist.
As mention by khyam that is the path for the development tool, you should be able to cp to your directory with this command
- cp /glob/development-tools/20.1/intelFPGA_pro/quartus_setup.sh ~

With that you shuold be able to proceed with editing the quartus_setup.sh file.
Please do try and let is know if it works.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @psk27182,

Hope this message find you well and good day, unfortunately as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. This thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @psk27182,

Good day and hope you are well, we are right by your side.

Did you managed to try on the previous steps?

Please do let us know if there is any further clarification/doubts/issues on trying the previous steps, so that we can helps you in regards to this issues.

Best Wishes

BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @psk27182,

Hope you are doing well and safe.
Any updates on the following thread?

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @psk27182,

Unfortunately as we still do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided, hence would assume problem are closed. With that we will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
AdityaJain
Beginner

Hi, 

I wanted to check if devcloud has the Licensed version of Quartus pro available? If it does, then how can I access it?

I see Quartus Prime PRO ( Unlicensed version ) already available on devcloud. Is the licensed version available too? [ The GUI version, which can be accessed using X2GO ]

0 Kudos