Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Intel Acceleration Stack Version 2.0 Release Date

HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Is there any planned release date or rough ETA for when Intel Acceleration Stack Version 2.0 for the PAC S10 board will be released? I would like to evaluate the OpenCL BSP of the PAC S10 board before deciding whether to buy this board, or Stratix 10 boards from third-party vendors who already have working OpenCL BSPs.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GY_Intel

Hi,

Intel plans to release Intel Acceleration Stack 2.0 with security feature Production Version in mid-Q4'19. I hope it helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

hello,

I will check with our internal team and let you know the feedback soon,

Thanks

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

@FJumaah​ That link leads to a confidential space on Intel's website that requires an NDA or employee account to access. I cannot access the link.

0 Kudos
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

I will check with our admin regarding this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

@FJumaah​ I do not want to test the non-Production release of the stack. I just would like to know if there is any ETA for when the final public version of the stack will be released. In fact, I am not even interested in the whole stack, just the OpenCL BSP. If Intel cannot even [roughly] determine when they will be able to release a stable OpenCL BSP for their board, that pretty much answers my question.

0 Kudos
GY_Intel

Hi,

Intel plans to release Intel Acceleration Stack 2.0 with security feature Production Version in mid-Q4'19. I hope it helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Okay, thank you for the information.

0 Kudos
YJing8
Novice

​Hi gy.ooi,

Where can I find the description of  feature difference between  Acceleration Stack 2.0 and  Acceleration Stack 1.0?

0 Kudos
GY_Intel

​Hi YJing8,

Current info about Acceleration Stack 1.0 is here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/acceleration-card-arria-10-gx/getting-started.html

Info on Acceleration Stack 2.0 only available for public in Q4'19. You can check with your local sales contact to look for details.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Shawn_S_Intel
Employee

HRZ, the Intel Acceleration Stack v2.0 for the D5005 accelerator card is available now for download from intel.com. This included OpenCL support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/intel-fpga-pac-d5005/getting-started.html

0 Kudos
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

That is good to hear; however, there is still no public access which changes nothing for me.

0 Kudos