Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Linking top level RTL function with all its required modules using the OpenCL RTL library workflow

TRahm3
Beginner

I have a top level verilog function, within it I instance some other modules. I have written the xml file and c_model as well as calling the top level verilog function in my OpenCL kernel (following the steps in example 1 and 2 as given by Intel for the OpenCL library: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/design-examples/design-software/opencl/library-design-example.html). Currently all the other modules are as separate verilog files in the same directory as my top level function.

My question is how do I link all the other modules the top level function is going to use. I looked at the design examples Intel have provided but couldn't find the answer.

(NOTE: I am not intending to access external memory like in example 2 that Intel provides - view link)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kenny_Tan
If you look into the example 2 <directory>\library_example2\device, you see the example2.cl. This is the top level files that you can follow. You can look inside the lib files how they link btw *.cl and *.v code.
0 Kudos