Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Meeting error when using aocl.

Zhongchun
Beginner

Hi everyone, I meet an error when I use intel OPENCL for FPGA, here is the log:

Info: *******************************************************************
Info: Running Quartus Prime Convert_programming_file
Info: Version 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Standard Edition
Info: Processing started: Tue Dec 01 13:50:00 2020
Info: Command: quartus_cpf -c -o bitstream_compression=on top.sof top.rbf
Info: Using INI file C:/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/terasic/de10_nano/test/boardtest/bin/boardtest/quartus.ini
Error (213009): File name "top.sof" does not exist or can't be read
Error: Quartus Prime Convert_programming_file was unsuccessful. 1 error, 0 warnings
Error: Peak virtual memory: 4392 megabytes
Error: Processing ended: Tue Dec 01 13:50:00 2020
Error: Elapsed time: 00:00:00
Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:00
Info: Error generating RBF file! ERROR: Error(s) found while running an executable. See report file(s) for error message(s). Message log indicates which executable was run last.

Error: Flow compile (for project C:/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/terasic/de10_nano/test/boardtest/bin/boardtest/top) was not successful
Error: ERROR: Error(s) found while running an executable. See report file(s) for error message(s). Message log indicates which executable was run last.

Error (23031): Evaluation of Tcl script c:/intelfpga/18.1/quartus/common/tcl/internal/qsh_flow.tcl unsuccessful
Error: Quartus Prime Shell was unsuccessful. 9 errors, 2634 warnings
Error: Peak virtual memory: 4603 megabytes
Error: Processing ended: Tue Dec 01 13:50:01 2020
Error: Elapsed time: 00:30:07
Error: Total CPU time (on all processors): 00:00:05

The full log file is below.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
HRZ
Valued Contributor III

Looking at the "Error (213009): File name "top.sof" does not exist or can't be read" message and the fact that you have installed the tools in drive C, I would guess this is caused by some permission issue. Try moving your project files to another drive and compiling there.

0 Kudos
Valou
Beginner

Hi,

I've got the same problem as Zhongchun. I've tried to move my project on another drive, but the problem stays the same. I've tried different kernel gave by terasic (boardtest, vector_add, hello_world), but there are no differences, they all have an error at the Quartus Prime CPF. I've searched for the top.sof file, and I've got the impression that this file never gets generated.

I don't know how to solve this problem. If anyone has an idea.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Valou
Beginner

Hi,

I've solved the problem by working on ubuntu. I don't know what is the origin of the problem, but I can work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please let us know whether the previous suggestion from the community was useful and whether further support is required in this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Good to know that the issue is resolved

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos