Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

PBEH-453561874321(MPN:5SGSMD5K2F40I2N) FA requirement from Flex(suzhou)

FA-requirement
Beginner

PBEH-453561874321(MPN:5SGSMD5K2F40I2G) failed on ICT station at Flex  because the resistance value of 3.0V to GND is lower than normal. The defect rate is about 4%(=9/224).

We need manufacturer to do failure analysis for defective component. the FA sample quantity is 3pcs.

could you please arrange the FA as soon as possible?

please tell us the express address and receiver information so that we can send the samples to you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi ,

Can I confirm again the pin name for 5SGSMD5K2F40I2N having low resistance value to GND?
Do we have more granular information aside from the device has low resistance? Do you observe other functional failure information?

Wani

0 Kudos
FA-requirement
Beginner

We have two kinds of failure as below:

Pins AU31&AW33 to GND low resistance (around low than 500 Ohm), the defective products is 2pcs.

Pins AU28&AW30 to GND low resistance (around low than 1.2kOhm), the defective product is 1pc.

This fail will impact our ICT test of PCBA.

Could we send these defective products to you to do failure analysis?

Please help to arrange the FA requirement.

0 Kudos
FA-requirement
Beginner

Hi,

I had replied your questions.

Do you have any other questions?

Would you please arrange the failure analysis? 

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

AU31&AW33 , AU28&AW30 are VCC pin. VCC pins short to ground is one of the symptoms of EOS.
In order to avoid electrical damage, the device should always be handled in a static-free environment and all the input signals should remain within specified limits, as recommended in the PSG Data Book and associated application notes, at all times.

For your information, EOS is fall under mishandling issue.

Wani

0 Kudos
FA-requirement
Beginner

Hello,

Flex has strict ESD control throughout the manufacturing process, and the personnel operation also meets the ESD requirements, so we don't think the short circuit is caused by EOS. We hope you can arrange the failure analysis and find the root cause.

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

I need some confidential info to validate further. Hence we will continue this case there.

Wani

0 Kudos