Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

Unable to generate .gbs files with packager, seems broken. How can I deal with this issue?

DeusMMJr
Novice

I'm trying to test my AFU in FPGA node but I need the .gbs file that was not generated by compilation. So, I need to use packager to generate .gbs but packager doesn't work...

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JEYANTHKRI_N_Intel

Hi ,

Thanks for reaching us,

We will contact the concerned people and will let you know.

0 Kudos
Nathan_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you provide some additional information to help with the debug?

• What PAC and Acceleration Stack version are you using
  • What is the exact error case you are seeing with Packager? Can you share the output of the command?
  • What is meant by ".gbs file that was not generated by compilation" - are you saying that compilation of the AFU using the recommended flow failed? If so, packager won't be much help

0 Kudos
DeusMMJr
Novice
  • What PAC and Acceleration Stack version are you using

I don't know exaclty but BSP is the a10_ref. Stack: a10_gx_pac_ias_1_2_pv or OPAE 1.2

• What is the exact error case you are seeing with Packager? Can you share the output of the command?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main

"__main__", mod_spec)

File "/glob/intel-python/python3/lib/python3.6/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code

exec(code, run_globals)

File "/usr/bin/packager/__main__.py", line 2, in <module>

File "/usr/bin/packager/packager.py", line 35, in <module>

File "/usr/bin/packager/afu.py", line 33, in <module>

File "/usr/bin/packager/metadata/metadata.py", line 28, in <module>

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'constants'

• What is meant by ".gbs file that was not generated by compilation" - are you saying that compilation of the AFU using the recommended flow failed? If so, packager won't be much help

I used aoc commands for compilation, in previous sdk version for pac_a10, .gbs was generated. I tried with aocl program but can't recognize the device...

As related above my intention is to use OpenCL flow, whether there is another way to program FPGA node without USB-blaster, please just inform. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Nathan_B_Intel
Employee

Packager requires Python 2.7.1 or 2.7.3 - rerun with one of these selections.

DeusMMJr
Novice

Thanks by clarify!! What you suggest for me to program the PAC?

0 Kudos
Nathan_B_Intel
Employee

Hello,

The root-case for this issue seems to come from the setup on the system you are using.

I see in a previous comment that you "tried with aocl program but can't recognize the device" - this indicates the environment is incorrect.

Have you loaded the FIM + BMC corresponding with the 1.2 PV release of the Arria 10 GX PAC? If not, then you won't be able to load any OpenCL workloads.

Try running the command "fpgainfo fme" and take note of the PR Interface ID and BMC Firmware version - if these don't match the versions listed in the Arria 10 GX PAC 1.2 Quick Start Guide then you'll need to update. The instructions on updating your board are found in the same guide. You can find all of the PAC documentation here https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/acceleration-card-arria-10-gx/documentation.html .

Once you verify that the software and hardware are fully updated and on the 1.2 PV release, then re-try your commands.

Best Regards

0 Kudos
JEYANTHKRI_N_Intel

Hi,

Could you please confirm if the issue is resolved.

Please be informed that the thread will get closed within 2 business days assuming that the solution provided was helpful.

0 Kudos
DeusMMJr
Novice

Hi @JeyanthN_Intel​ , really I check an incompatibility between envirnoment and FPGA FIM. I will recommend changes because I haven't permission. I think that you can close this case. Thanks !

0 Kudos
JEYANTHKRI_N_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for your response. 

As the issue got resolved we are closing this thread. Please feel free to open a new thread if you are facing any further issues. 

After case closure, you will receive a survey email. We appreciate it if you can complete this survey regarding the support you received.

0 Kudos