Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, FPGA AI Suite, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
477 Discussions

helloworld issue on arria10Gx development kit / Windows 7

mwr
Beginner

I am attempting to compile and run the hello world design example on Windows 7 with Visual Studio 2010. I have AOCL and Quartus installed and the environment configured according to the quick start guide.

"aocl diagnose acl0" has been tested.Show "DIAGNOSTIC_PASSED".

But when I run the host.exe, an error has occurred.Like this:

E:\opencl_hello\hello_world\bin>host

Warning: Cannot find any Intel(R) FPGA Board libraries. No Intel(R) FPGA devices will be loaded.

Please contact your board vender or see section "Linking Your Host Application to the Khronos ICD

Loader Library" of the Programming Guide to set up FCD manually.

Querying platform for info:

==========================

CL_PLATFORM_NAME                        = Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM)

CL_PLATFORM_VENDOR                      = Intel(R) Corporation

CL_PLATFORM_VERSION                     = OpenCL 1.0 Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), Version 17.1

ERROR: CL_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND

Query for number of devices failed

"aocl diagnose acl0" has been tested.Show "DIAGNOSTIC_PASSED"

0 Kudos
4 Replies
HKim27
New Contributor I

I came up with the same error last week, and it was FCD problem.

Check /opt/Intel/OpenCL/Boards/pac_a10.fcd file exists.

If not, make one and write a path to mmd shared library inside board support package.

For example,

[heehoon@localhost ~]$ cat /opt/Intel/OpenCL/Boards/pac_a10.fcd /scratch/inteldevstack/a10_gx_pac_ias_1_1_pv/opencl/opencl_bsp/linux64/lib/libintel_opae_mmd.so

I suppose fcd should be installed with "aocl install acl0" but it says it is not implemented.

edit: oh, BTW, it is for linux. adopt properly for windows

0 Kudos
mwr
Beginner

Thank you.​

I do not know how to set up FCD correctly. reference to section "Linking Your Host Application to the Khronos ICD Loader Library" of the Programming Guide to set up FCD manually,but it don't work.

8.PNG

0 Kudos
HKim27
New Contributor I

I don't know windows environment well, but it seems like FCD is linked to a10_ref board, which is different from pac_a10.

Find mmd inside intel acceleration dev stack installation (maybe, intel_opae_mmd.dll ?), and change registry value to that path.

0 Kudos
mwr
Beginner

thank you ,and my board a10gx works well now.

I change registry [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\OpenCL\Boards] "D:

\intelFPGA_pro\17.1\hld\board\a10_ref\windows64\bin\altera_a10_ref_mmd.dll"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Intel\OpenCL\Boards] "D:

\intelFPGA_pro\17.1\hld\host\windows64\bin\OpenCL.dll"=dword:00000000

123.jpg

0 Kudos