Application Acceleration With FPGAs
Programmable Acceleration Cards (PACs), DCP, DLA, Software Stack, and Reference Designs
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
422 Discussions

pac n3000 8x10G lspci|grep 0cf8 not listed

fzhan51
New Contributor I

the verison is Alpha-1 (D.1.0.13)after upgraded to production verison and kernel switch between "CentOS Linux (4.19.8) 7 (Core)" and "CentOS Linux (3.10.0-1062.18.1.el7.x86_64) 7 (Core)", "lspci|grep 0cf8" disappeared,I tried "sudo ./nvmupdate64e -c nvmupdate_10G_0CF8.cfg -f" to update Intel XL710 Firmware,and install i40e.ko

again and again.I remeber that when swithed the kernel to 3.10.0,and performed "sudo yum remove kernel-headers.x86_64"

then build i40e-2.9.21 failed,thus I tried i40e-2.10.30,and compiled passed,but said "invalid private key" when being installed.

I guess there might be something wrong in upgradation,for example,I follow Beta upgadation instead of Alpha upgadation

by mistake.would that happen?

anyone can help to correct it?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fzhan51
New Contributor I

i think that as a pcie dev,it's independent of a driver/system kernel when recognize the dev id.the dev id can't be recognized means that the firmware is going incorrect;I suspect only involving OTSU can fix,but I don't know how

JonWay_C_Intel
Employee