Getting superior performance from hardware-programmable Intel® FPGAs and SoCs requires superlative development tools, and the latest release of the Intel® Quartus® Prime Software v22.4 delivers more bang for the buck by extracting even more performance from these devices while adding a host of new features that make FPGA design easier. In addition, the Intel Quartus Prime Software features have now been extended to the newest Intel® Agilex™ FPGAs. Some of the features included with this new release are:
- New board awareness features in the Platform Designer, the next-generation system integration tool in the Intel Quartus Prime Software, which provides preconfigured intellectual property (IP) blocks and board settings for faster design development with supported development boards from Intel and third parties. Using board awareness ensures that configurations for external port connections, I/O Constraints, IP settings, etc. will be correct at the start of the design when targeting pre-configured boards
- Design example discovery from within the Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Software and Platform Designer, which speeds design example selection when starting new projects
- Enhanced features in the new RTL Analyzer (beta), including connectivity tracing for faster visualization of logic paths and objects
- Support for Microsoft* Windows 11
- Improved Quality of Results (QoR) for Intel Agilex FPGAs including ~2X better fabric performance per watt versus 7 nm FPGAs†
- Faster design compilation for larger designs at greater than 75% utilization
- Support for design compilation using as many as 24 processor cores simultaneously, allowing you to complete your designs much faster
- Zephyr RTOS support for the Nios® V/m soft processor based on the RISC-V instruction-set architecture (ISA) with a design example on RocketBoards.org
- Support for Synopsys* Design Constraints (SDC) directly on RTL code
- Intel’s oneAPI cross-architecture programming model and development tool is now available from within the Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition Software environment, allowing development of hardware IP components using C++ and DPC++ (Learn how to install oneAPI with Quartus.)
- Updated golden system reference designs using HPS Boot First and the new ATF/U-Boot Flow, with the latest versions of the software components available on RocketBoards.org
- The ability to customize the workspace layout and save customizations in the System Console GUI
- More than 20 new IP block components including support for HBM2E DRAM, low-latency 50G Ethernet, multichannel direct memory access (DMA), and Serial Lite III Streaming IP for selected Intel FPGAs
- Symmetric cryptography and MACsec IP with system-level design examples on the way
- Support for CXL 1.1 IP and MC-DMA IP using Intel FPGAs and SoCs with R-Tiles
- And much more…
The new Intel Quartus Prime Software version 22.4 is available for immediate download. Download now.
PC contains some APK files in it? Will prime software smoothly along with that?
Could you give more specific information about which files you are referring to?
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.