Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

About RPTR and quad-texture since intel 845G graphics chips...

Intel_C_11
Beginner

I am writing fast 2d blit code(for video playback)using OpenGL in Linux. At first, I found my 2d texture uploading (from system memory to GPU) consumed 10% computation power of the CPU and that was only one video. Every frame is 720-pixel width and 480-pixel height and is refreshed at 30 frames per second. I think such CPU usage is quite high because my goal is to display multiple videos at the same time with arbitrary sizes on the screen. I think it's a texture uploading bottle neck( texture copy/pixel swizzling?).

I found there are some technologies developed by intel such as RPTR(Rapid Pixel and Texel Rendering) and quad-texture rendering in one pass, that might be quite useful for me. But I did googling and found no articles explain how to use these technologies in OpenGL. If any one knows any articles about OpenGL using these technologies, please tell me or if you know this well, would you please kindly give me any hints? I would appreciate. Thanks.

Joe

0 Kudos
0 Replies