Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

CAD/CAM visualization application failing on Intel graphics chip 965

abasu
Beginner

Problem statement

-------------------

Our customers who have bought new machines from different vendors such as Dell, Fujitsu Siemens, HP-Compaq, and IBM-Lenovo are facing a common problem of not able to work with Actify SpinFire software. Our company, Actify, Inc.(www.actify.com), sells a software called SpinFire Professional. It is a software that views CAD models.

More and more customers are buying new notebooks with onboard graphics card - Intel graphics chip 965. SpinFire Professional crashes with blue screen on machines with this particular card. For some customers the problem has be eliminated by reducing the hardware acceleration of the graphics card, but for most customers it is not an option as they have cad programs installed on the machines.

I am enclosing Dxdiag and other information along with this email to help you investigate the problem.

You can download our SpinFire Pro software (which you can run in trial mode 15 times) and try it with your newer graphics chip 965 to recreate the problem locally.

Looking forward to your kind help on this issues to help my customers.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you.

Abhijit

0 Kudos
2 Replies
abasu
Beginner

This message is out there for almost a month. Is somebody gonna take a crack at it and help me. I have pained cusotmers waiting on your reply Intel support/Forum.

Thank you for your quick help.

Abhijit

0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Sorry for the delay on this Abhijit. There is a bug open on this and Intel is investigating. Sorry for the delay.
0 Kudos