Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

Can not see Graphics 3000 on Sandy Bridge

magicfoot
Beginner
I am trying to use the DirectX Compute Shader on the Graphics 3000 built into the Sandy Bridge. I also have an Nvidia GTS240 in this machine and my trial algorithm can only see this device.

How can I get DirectX to see/address my 3000 as opposed to my Nvidia card? I do not want to remove the Nvidia as this should handle the graphics for the system.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Doraisamy_G_Intel
Hi magicfoot,

Check out this article on enabling Hybrid display: http://download.intel.com/design/intarch/papers/323214.pdf

Your BIOS should allow hybrid usage. You have to select "Intel Graphics Display" as the primary device in the BIOS. Then use Windows Display settings to configure the multi-mon mode.

Cheers,
-Ganesh
0 Kudos
obaid_ahmed
Beginner
agreed with you, you have to select intel graphics display as the primary device in BIOS
0 Kudos
magicfoot
Beginner
It was a matter of sorting out my BIOS and rebooting to see the correct GPU config.

What helped a lot were the basic DirectX11 demo programs as these allow the selection of the GPU to be used.
0 Kudos