Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Dump of DirectX caps for GMA X3100

Intel_C_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I'm trying to optimize my application for the Intel GMA X3100 graphics core. Unfortunately I've no access to this hw at the moment. Could somebody please post a dump of the DirectX capabilities (from DXCapsViewer.exe)? Thanks a lot!

Yours
Gerald

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner

Have you been able to get this info yet? Is the data in our X3x00 Development Guide insufficient?

0 Kudos
gschroecker
Beginner
Thank's for asking. Yes, I bought myself a board and had a look at the caps and tested it. But I could repeat the question for newer Intel integrated graphics, eg. the GMA X4500. It's kind of anoying, that there is no database with caps...

Gerald
0 Kudos
Chris_M_Intel
Employee

Gerald,

That's an interesting idea. I'll take a look at perhaps adding some documents to the ISN site that list the caps for the various HW if I can. Maybe we can get random developers out there to post the caps to the Intel HW they have as well for inclusion - that'd be a lot faster than me trying to do that. DXCapsViewer will save the caps tree to a file. Once we have several files, maybe I can find someone who's better at databases than me to implement something easier to look at than giant text files.

Chris

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee

There's a GUIapplication like this for DXVA called DXVAChecker. I'm not positive how accurate it is-- it supposedly reports H.264 decode as missing in Vista on G45, when it's known that HW acceleration works in some software-- but presumably it just does a GetCaps on D3DDDICAPS_GETDECODE* and D3DDDICAPS_GETVIDEOPROCESSORCAPS and just reports them out.

Shouldn't be that hard to adapt into general DirectX capabilities.

0 Kudos
vladr
Beginner

Although this thread is old, the idea still holds, since this is exactly the kind of thing that would help.

I just want to note, that there`s absolutely no need to loose time with putting that to database.
Pure text format is more than enough, since one would search through it.

So, is there a section somewhere at this site that would devoted to caps of all Intel`s gfx chipsets?

0 Kudos
jensmose
Beginner

For caps of a lot of devices try to take a look at
http://www.netsphere.jp/dxinfo/

I once found this site and I can not read it all but the caps is OK and it seems quite updated.
0 Kudos