Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

GL_INTEL_map_texture not working after driver v15.31

Greg3
Beginner

I just noticed that the GL_INTEL_map_texture OpenGL extension, specifically, glMapTexture2DINTEL() returns null with the newly released driver v15.31 (15.31.3.64.3071).

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this or has a work around.  The Map/Unmap functions are otherwise straight forward to use and perform well.

Extra information:

The extension string 'GL_INTEL_map_texture' is present as are the proceedure addresses.

glGetError() return GL_INVALID_OPERATION after calling glMapTexture2DINTEL()

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Greg3
Beginner

While Intel has not admitted a driver bug or provided an estimated time to fix, I did receive an email with a workaround. 

The workaround is to use RGBA16 instead of RGBA8 or other texture formats.  This does work, however it somewhat defeats the purpose as I must pass and convert much more data than needed.  The purpose of the extension was to speed texture uploads.

Edit: The new driver 15.31.9.64.3165 (9.18.10.3165) does not resolve this issue.

0 Kudos