Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

GS45 Extended Display Mode Problem

Jianyong_Wang
Beginner
Hello,

Our new product ueses SU9300+GS45+ICH9M platform. There are 2 display ports integrated LVDS and integrated TVout. The primary display is LVDS and it's resolution is 1024x768@60Hz. The sencondary display is TVout and it's size may be 1024x768 or 800x600 or 640x480. If TVout size is 1024x768, the display content of TVout is same with LVDS. If TVout size is 800x600 or 640x480, the display content is a rectangle of the primary display.

Now, we use extended display mode, but there is a problem. Our application had to copy data in the rectangle from the primary display memory area to the secondary display memory area. This copy operation consumes about 20% CPU time. It is not acceptable because a lot of computing need CPU.

Ithink Intel GMA driver can implement this copy operation and save 20% CPU time.I hope Intel can provide the method, API and guide to us.

Please help me.
Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Quoting - Jianyong Wang
Hello,

Our new product ueses SU9300+GS45+ICH9M platform. There are 2 display ports integrated LVDS and integrated TVout. The primary display is LVDS and it's resolution is 1024x768@60Hz. The sencondary display is TVout and it's size may be 1024x768 or 800x600 or 640x480. If TVout size is 1024x768, the display content of TVout is same with LVDS. If TVout size is 800x600 or 640x480, the display content is a rectangle of the primary display.

Now, we use extended display mode, but there is a problem. Our application had to copy data in the rectangle from the primary display memory area to the secondary display memory area. This copy operation consumes about 20% CPU time. It is not acceptable because a lot of computing need CPU.

Ithink Intel GMA driver can implement this copy operation and save 20% CPU time.I hope Intel can provide the method, API and guide to us.

Please help me.
Thank you very much!

This will be hard to get implemented since the part is end of lifed. Especially if this is on Windows. Might be possible to get implemented if it is on Linux. What is the OS you are using?
0 Kudos