Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Graphics 3000 and AVX on cores

magicfoot
Beginner
I would like to use the processing power of the Graphics 3000 inside the Sandy Bridge for some number crunching at the same time as i am using the AVX from the cores. The AVX works well on 4 cores so far.

Has anyone tried this ? Is there any reason why this should not work ? memory conflicts, etc ???
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Doraisamy_G_Intel
This should work fine.

Depending on what you are actually doing, CPU and GPU might be competing for shared cache space, and even CPU time. Keep in mind that even your GPU workload might be demanding a bit of CPU time(for ex. the driver still has to perform a lot of operations on the CPU, again based on the type of work being sent)
0 Kudos
magicfoot
Beginner
Thanks Ganesh.

The HD3000 algorithm and the algorith using cores with AVX are all working well. In a few weeks time I will run both concurrently on the i5-2500k.

I need some DirectX11 advice on how I can move only a few data values in and out of the HD3000 while I am processing, as opposed to moving out my whole data set. i.e. for the data comms between the CPU cores and the HD3000. Do you now of any DirectX11 programming forums I can ask these questions on ?

Regards.
0 Kudos