Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Grey Screen upon launching our application

rolandolmadcaplogic_
We produce a Flash application called Creativity Express that is delivered online, and on cd-rom.

I'm not sure where to pose this question so I am starting here.

A small handful of our cd-rom users are experiencing a bug that will not allow them to load our app - instead they get a grey screen. Our application was created using a third party application called mProjector (www.screentime.com).

A QA testing company has identified that this bug occurs on all Intel chipsets between 801 and 845.
But they have not been able to tell us why, or how to resolve the problem.

Can you direct me to the proper resource to resolve this issue, or recommend a QA facility that can accommodate?

Also can you tell us how to determine the chipset number?

Thanks for your help, I look forward to hearing from you.

Rolando
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Chris_M_Intel
Employee

Rolando,

I assume when you mentioned chipsets from 801 to 845, you probably meant 810 to 845. Those are pretty old chipsets. The 810 was the first chipset with Intel integrated graphics in it, actually. I don't think those are even in support anymore. Try checking out support.intel.com to see, but those may be end of life'd products.

I would go through the mProjecter support as it sounds like a problem in that layer. (Yes, it may end up going through to graphics drivers or something, but it seems like that's the interface having issues...)

Chris

0 Kudos
rolandolmadcaplogic_
Quoting - Fendriss

Rolando,

I assume when you mentioned chipsets from 801 to 845, you probably meant 810 to 845. Those are pretty old chipsets. The 810 was the first chipset with Intel integrated graphics in it, actually. I don't think those are even in support anymore. Try checking out support.intel.com to see, but those may be end of life'd products.

I would go through the mProjecter support as it sounds like a problem in that layer. (Yes, it may end up going through to graphics drivers or something, but it seems like that's the interface having issues...)

Chris

Chris,

Thanks for your response. We've been trying to figure out how many of those chipsets are out there, but have not been able to find a concrete answer. We'll hope that they are being phased out.

Thanks,

Rolando

0 Kudos