Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Guids for VC1 and H264 decoder

raghavendrahegde
Beginner
Hi,

I am using Intel CALPELLA machine to implement DXVA filter for H264.

It lists the following 2 guids under the DXVA capability..

A74CCAE2-F466-45AE-86F5-AB8BE8AF8483
BCC5DB6D-A2B6-4AF0-ACE4-ADB1F787BC89

I think these guids are for VC1 and H264 decoders, but not sure about for which perticular resticted mode?

Can any one help out in this?

Thanks,
Raghavendra
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Raghavendra,

Ill try to help. I am pretty sure that Calpella doesnt support VLD with FGT. The only acceleration modes are DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT, and DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD.

I wrote a paper a while back on using the H264 acceleration:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-h264avc-directx-video-acceleration-with-the-intel-g45gm45-express-chipsets/

There are no restricted modes for acceleration + post processing at this time.

Hope this helps

-Eric

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Doraisamy_G_Intel
Hi Raghavendra,

I don't have an answer for you. But, I'll ask around to see if I can get an answer for you though.

Cheers,
-Ganesh
0 Kudos
raghavendrahegde
Beginner
Hi,

I have few queries regarding the DXVA support on the given platform.

1. When "DXVA_ModeH264_VLD_FGT" restricted mode is selected, which are the post processing algorithms getting applied?
Whether all the post processing algorithms supported by the platform will be applied or can it be controlled (only a sub set of the available algorithms) ?

2. The "DXVA_1.01.doc" specifies 4 restricted modes of Mpeg2 - MPEG2_A, MPEG2_B, MPEG2_C or MPEG2_D.
But there is a restricted mode "MPEG2_VLD" listed under the DXVA capability of CALPELLA platform. Is this "MPEG2_VLD" mode is different than the restricted mode listed in the document?

3. Is there any restricted mode available for "MPEG2_VLD + Post Processing" (just like DXVA_ModeH264_VLD_FGT) ?

Please can any one help me out in this?

Thanks,
Raghavendra
0 Kudos
Eric_S_Intel
Employee

Hi Raghavendra,

Ill try to help. I am pretty sure that Calpella doesnt support VLD with FGT. The only acceleration modes are DXVA2_ModeH264_VLD_NoFGT, and DXVA2_ModeMPEG2_VLD.

I wrote a paper a while back on using the H264 acceleration:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-h264avc-directx-video-acceleration-with-the-intel-g45gm45-express-chipsets/

There are no restricted modes for acceleration + post processing at this time.

Hope this helps

-Eric

0 Kudos