Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Non power of 2 texture and MipMap on G45/G43 chipset

tmaresville
Beginner
Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset
Driver Date: 09/21/2010
Driver Version: 6.14.5303

In my application I try toCreatea texture with a non power of two size with multiple level of Mipmap, Forexample:

IDirect3DTexture9* pTex = NULL;
hr = g_pd3dDevice->CreateTexture(200,240, 7,0,D3DFMT_DXT5,D3DPOOL_MANAGED,&pTex,NULL);

it fail to create the texture because of anD3DERR_INVALIDCALL on the Intel G45/G43 graphic chipset.
if I put theMipLevelsto 1, or if I use power of two texture, it work fine, but I can't make it work using both mipmap and non power of two textures.

all the documentation I found say that it should works.
the caps :
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_POW2 ==> NO
D3DPTEXTURECAPS_NONPOW2CONDITIONAL ==>NO
that is supposed to confirm that it should work.

do you have any idea why itdoesn'twork ? and what is the best way to solve myproblem?

thx.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Philip_T_Intel1
Employee
just out of curiosity, does this call succeed with the value of 3 for the mip-map chain depth?

did you try to auto-generate the mip-maps, to see if that works? and see what the depth is of the auto-created chain?

perhaps its also worth trying this without using managed textures, just to see if that is part of the equation.
0 Kudos