Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Separately using both screens

Titoortiz_Vv123456

hello,

I am building an real time application on a hardware based on on an Intel 855GME Chipset.
This chipset has two video outputs VGA and DVI and i am using both of them.

When I write data to the output screen buffer , both of the screen show the same output.
What I want to do is to write a stream of data to the DVI output and to the VGA output to write the same stream but rotated by 180 degrees.

From reading the datasheets, there are two pipes (pipeA and pipeB) and it is possible to write separate data to both of the screens.

How can I control what data is sent to what screen, how to control the pipes?
What are the relevant registers?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stephen_H_Intel
Employee
Hi Titoortiz

In order to investigate this a little more, can you send me a DXDiag output so I can get a better idea of the system spec please?

With thatknowledge I can go look for the right information.

Thx

Steve
0 Kudos
si2ekram15
Beginner
Hi , actually what is the use of this software "DXDiag"
0 Kudos
Stephen_H_Intel
Employee

Hi

DXDiag is a tool that comes with directX from Microsoft. With it you can save information about exactly which pieces of Hardware and which drivers are in system. This information allows us to very accurately identify your system components and hence provide better information related to your question and your hardware.

Please not that there is NO personal information in the DXDiag output, and the data provides no way to trace the machine or obtain personal information.

To obtain the information:
- run DXDiag
- click the "Save all Information" button
- read the text file to be sure you are satisfied with the annonimity of the data. Some people like to delete the Computer Name field from it, and the IDs of any proprietory hardware that is attachedto the computer.
- Once you are satisfied, attach the file to a post to this thread.

I hope that clears things up.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos