Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Wavy artifacts on H.264 video

Max_P_
Beginner

Hello!

We have an issue with H.264 video decoding using Intel QuickSync Decoder. I don't want to say that the problem is in decoder (we don't know its location) but maybe you have already seen this kind of artifacts and can suggest what the source of problem can be. Uncorrect usage / wrong values in what structures can lead to that kind of artifacts?

Our software use the following chain of libraries for decoding process:

• ffmpeg library on the top;
  • DXVA interface used inside ffmpeg;
  • Intel decoder under DXVA.

There are four screenshots in the attachments - three are with artifacts and one (the same frame with first artifact screenshot) without them. Waves in the decoded image appears/changes in the key frames and stay unchanged during the GOP. Artifacts appearing does not depend neither on driver version nor on graphics kernel version. It appears significantly more often in the debug build. We know only one case they appears in the release version.

That’s all information we have for now. thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi,

I am checking with some engineers about your problem.

-Michael

0 Kudos
Max_P_
Beginner

Hi 2 all!

We found the cause of the problem. It was in our code (inappropriate usage of one of the ffmpeg contexts). Decoder works fine!

We apologize for any inconvenience.

0 Kudos
Michael_C_Intel2
Employee

Hi Max,

Glad to hear your problem is resolved, I have closed the ticket from my end.

-Michael

0 Kudos