Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

When will we get Opengl 2.0++?

jingquan
Beginner

I'm glad to see there's improvements done to the driver. I got thismobo with a X3000 chipset as a temporary solution tographics processingas I don't want to get one a gfxcard especially the new DX10 series are so near.

However, I can't seem to get myGLSL code to work (on my game's engine or on Rendermonkey) as it probably requires OpenGL v2.0++. So, my question is that when would there be a update to the OpenGL api?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
2.x has been pushed out unfortuneately. At the latestit will be mid-2008.
0 Kudos
mrakolta
Beginner

Mid-2008 is fast approaching, is Opengl 2.xsupport still coming soon?

0 Kudos
robertw3d
Beginner
It's not so good news ...
How fast do you think it will work? Similar to Ge Force FX 5200?

Can you please write what are main goals on Vista drivers for X3x00 timeline?

TIA

Best Regards,
Robert
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

We are nearing mid-2008. Any update on this? I am curious.

0 Kudos
telefragger
Beginner

Last I knew, the x3000 and x3100 chips are only OpenGL 1.5 compatible, its the new chipsets that are 2.0+ capable...

0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner
telefragger:

Last I knew, the x3000 and x3100 chips are only OpenGL 1.5 compatible, its the new chipsets that are 2.0+ capable...

Wrong, even the X3000 which unfortunately due to hardware bugs had DX10 plans cancelled has OpenGL 2.0 support. The drivers are just not ready. Even the next generation IGPmight nothave OGL2.0 support for a while because of that.

0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner
telefragger:

Wrong, even the X3000 which unfortunately due to hardware bugs had DX10 plans cancelled has OpenGL 2.0 support. The drivers are just not ready. Even the next generation IGPmight nothave OGL2.0 support for a while because of that.

0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Its in beta now, so you should see support for it in a driver very soon.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

Will it be in Windows XP and Mac OS X driver as well and how soon would that be (week, month, quarter, year)?

0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Er, I should say 2.0 is in beta. We've been pinging the ISVs and not a lot of them are planning on supporting 2.1. So if any of you say different please reply.
0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
It should be by the end of this month (May 2008) for XP and Vista. Not sure about Mac OS. I can ask though. Apple writes that driver so you might want to ping them on their support site.
0 Kudos
levicki
Valued Contributor I

That is good news then, looking forward to it.

0 Kudos