Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
489 Discussions

Working on ICC compiled Linux kernel with nvidia 3D drivers

TyMac
Beginner
Thanks to Intel development and interested contributors my project LinuxDNA has successfully compiled a kernle with the Intel C++ compiler. We have been testing it on Gentoo Linux for compatability with 3D party drivers (closed and open source) We have been succesful in gettting the kernel to use the nVida driver (via emerge) but we a re currently only seeing 2D graphics. When we type in glxinfo we get this:

glxinfo: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _nv000006gl

Also, the driver works with video if we use the Xorg opengl interface (via eselect) but not if we use the nvidia opengl method. Probably because of the glx module.

I can only conclude that the reason we ca not get 3D working yet is due to some linking issue. If you would like try out what we have so far with nVidia drivers go to:

www.linuxdna.com

Follow thee directions there, but use make:

make HOSTCC=intelwrapper CC=intelwrapper

Instead of:

make HOSTCC=intelwrapper CC=intelwrapperAr=xiar LD=xild

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner
Quoting - thaidog
Thanks to Intel development and interested contributors my project LinuxDNA has successfully compiled a kernle with the Intel C++ compiler. We have been testing it on Gentoo Linux for compatability with 3D party drivers (closed and open source) We have been succesful in gettting the kernel to use the nVida driver (via emerge) but we a re currently only seeing 2D graphics. When we type in glxinfo we get this:

glxinfo: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/opengl/nvidia/lib/libGL.so.1: undefined symbol: _nv000006gl

Also, the driver works with video if we use the Xorg opengl interface (via eselect) but not if we use the nvidia opengl method. Probably because of the glx module.

I can only conclude that the reason we ca not get 3D working yet is due to some linking issue. If you would like try out what we have so far with nVidia drivers go to:

www.linuxdna.com

Follow thee directions there, but use make:

make HOSTCC=intelwrapper CC=intelwrapper

Instead of:

make HOSTCC=intelwrapper CC=intelwrapperAr=xiar LD=xild

Can you repost this in the compiler forum (http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-c-compiler/)? It doesn't apply to Intel Integrated Graphics. They should be able to help you out.
0 Kudos