Developing Games on Intel Graphics
If you are gaming on graphics integrated in your Intel Processor, this is the place for you! Find answers to your questions or post your issues with PC games
486 Discussions

wglShareLists + Vista Buss 32 + integrated 945 + driver 15.7 = problem

sklerotikkk
Beginner
Hi, we are working on a project and we encountered problems while trying to use wglShareLists function in our software. The function is used correctly according to the OpenGL documentation and software works OK on other non-Intel configurations. Returned error code is 3221688541 or signed -1073278755. FormatMessage provides no more information. We really need to make this software working and loading all the resources twice instead of the shearing is not a good solution. Any suggestions?
Thanks a lot,
Pavel Cernohorsky

0 Kudos
9 Replies
buffaloj
Beginner

I am seeing the same issue with the same error code. I am using an HP laptop with intel x3100 graphics display with 7.14.10.1350 drivers. Works fine on other machines with nvidia and ati cards but not this one.

Has anyone found out the issue?

0 Kudos
Chuck_De_Sylva
Beginner

Can you send me a workload to reproduce?

0 Kudos
rulin
Beginner

I have same problem with same error code. My device is integrated 965 Express chipset and 7.14.10.1263 driver. You can take example with wglShareList function in

http://www.codesampler.com/source/ogl_offscreen_rendering_2.zip

0 Kudos
ecco_the_dolphin
Beginner
I have the same problem with the same error code with the same operating system. My device is integrated 965 Express chipset and 7.14.10.1263 driver Sony Vaio laptop. But I stumbled it in a different way:
I create small invisible window, create OGL render context for it and initialize it with some textures and display lists. Then when user creates another window I use this device context on its HDC. The pixel format of both windows the same. But for some reason no rendering occured...I cant even clear color buffer! After this issure I tried to create separate render context for the window that user create and then use wglShareLists...The same error code...
I tried my application on: Intel GMA 900 Integrated, some Radeon and Nvidia cards everything works fine.
Any suggetions?
0 Kudos
Greg1
Beginner
We saw the same error until the 7.14.10.1461 driver release. It may have been fixed earlier, but it was still present in the 7.14.10.1409 release. We have been recommending that our users download the latest driver from Intel even if they have a laptop because all of the bugs in the Intel graphics drivers.
0 Kudos
Eric_P_Intel
Employee
An update is scheduled for next week in the 15.11.4 and 14.36.5 drivers that solves a seemingly similar problem we found in AdobePremiere ProCS4. This applies specifically to G965/GM965 or newer chipsets (i.e. G35/G45)- I do not know whether it will affect the 945. Please let us know if you see more of this type of problem with these new drivers.
0 Kudos
randomharvest
Beginner
I am seeing the same issue with wglShareLists giving error code 3221688541. This is on a Packard Bell with Vista 32 and 945GM Express chipset driver 7.14.10.1114. I have tried to update the driver both manually and using the Driver Update Utility, hoping the the issue is fixed, but both eventually crash after a lots of blank screen etc. reporting "unexpected error".

Any suggestions how I get around this?

0 Kudos
Doraisamy_G_Intel
Hi randomharvest,

Yes, you are using an older driver, and upgrading to the latest should fix the wglShareLists issue.

It looks like the system has some issues with the Vista installation / previous driver state. I would try uninstalling the previous driver, by going into Device Manager and removing the video device, and reboot. Vista should find "new hardware" on reboot. Try installing the latest driver at that time to see if that gets past the errors you are seeing.

Cheers,
-Ganesh
0 Kudos
asmo
Beginner
hi!

We are working on education virtual world project and we are having sufficient problems with wglShareLists on Dell Inspiron 1525 (Intel GMA X3100) with latest videodrivers from Dell and Windows Vista.

On Intel GMA X3100 there are no other methods to offscreen rendering with OpenGL expect P-Buffer. But without correct wglShareLists there is no sense in p-buffers, because we can't copy result to texture in main context and we can't use textures from main context to render result texture.

We installed latest videodrivers from Dell. We tried to install latest drivers from intel.com without any success: intel.com drivers can't be installed on our notebook - we get error message about inability to install on this notebook. How we can get correct OpenGL drivers for this notebook?
0 Kudos