We're designing NIC with KTI225 chipset series.
Please review my questions and answer ASAP.
In korea local team, there're no Network team so not enough support from local agency., so i hope to get your support from here.
1. Target chipset : KTI225
There're several version in KTI225 chipset.
I want to design with KTI225LM, This chipset package and design is compatiblem with other KTI225 series like 225V, 225IT? right?
2. I just downloaded schematic "576602-reference schematic ver2.7" from intel site.
but this is based on motherboard design. Any other reference design file based on NIC?
like i225T1BLK(Intel reference PCIe NIC card).
What is asked this is because Intel provide WGI211/210 card design before.
3. I want to know how to control below signal under PCIe card design.
1) CLK_REQ_N => just pull up, no connection to other chipset.
2) Can i know the part number of reference card's SPI flash rom?
or recommend SPI Flash ROM parts.
3) Basically, previous Intel NIC chipset require AC coupling in PCIe TX line....between NIC and PCIe slot, but KTI225 also requires AC coupling in PCIe RX lines....this is true in PCIe card design ?
4) All the KTI225 series NVM file is compatible, right?
Please check my questions.
and one more....
4. Regarding SPI flash ROM.
In schematic, just Intel said that flash can be used with 8Mb or 16Mb.
Mb means M Byte? or M Bit?
We used 16Mbit or 32MBit in WGI210 design.