Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Ethernet Controller i225 datasheet

JayasuryaJ
Beginner

Hi,

I'm unable to find the datasheet and HW design documents for i225 Ethernet controller. 

I also registered but still wasn't able to see or download any documentation other than product specification given in the attached link.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/184681/intel-ethernet-controller-i225it/docs.html?s=Newest 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JayasuryaJ,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Since you are inquiring regarding our i225 ethernet controller, can we ask for the exact model of your mother board that you are using for this? 

Also please advise why are you needing the said documents and what would be your main purpose? Is your inquiry more of a design related perhaps? please advise us so we can also provide you our recommendations. 

If you have questions or other clarifications please let us know so we can help you further

Awaiting to hear from you soon, should there be no response from you, I’ll make sure to reach out after 3 business days. Thank you and have a nice day!

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JayasuryaJ
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

Mr. Zigfreid,

We are designing a carrier board using INTEL (Apollo lake or Elkhart lake) SMARC form factor SOM. One of our requirements is PCI to GBE conversion and found i225 and i210 from INTEL was idle solution for that.

So, kindly support us by providing adequate data (datasheets, HW design documents and recommendations for the schematics & PCB). Also Linux Drivers and testing procedure documents for the same.

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello JayasuryaJ,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Your query will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you move this post to the designated team for further assistance. 

Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
JayasuryaJ
Beginner

Mr. Zigfreid,

Awaiting answers from your Embedded Connectivity Support Team. Kindly, share me the requested documents for HW and SW development. Also the stock availability of i225 and i210.

0 Kudos
Jaime_Lizarme

Hello @JayasuryaJ 

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to be logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account to find the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I225 Datasheet Document # 596659 on the following websites:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/596659.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your update account or report any problems with the provided site. You should fill it out on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best regards,

Jaime L.

0 Kudos
Liamchen
Beginner

Hello @JayasuryaJ ,

May i ask some problem about I225 wake on lan?

Step 1 : Disable Wake on Lan in bios setup menu.

Step 2 : Set after G3 item to S5 state.

Step 3 : Save and reboot system and enter to setup menu.

Step 4 : Press power button to shutdown system.

Step 5 : Unplug AC to G3 mode.

Step 6 : Plug AC to S5 mode and it can wake system by wake on lan.

Does it normal behavior ?

0 Kudos
Jaime_Lizarme

Hello @JayasuryaJ 

I don't think its a normal behavior; but since most of the configuration you mentioned is done in BIOS, I strongly recommend you contacting your BIOS vendor.

Best regards,

Jaime L.

0 Kudos