Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

Hi. I wanted to programmed a external NVM of I210-IT Ethernet controller. But I couldn't detect the flash size and the flash which is unknown. If I change it to an old flash, it could be successfully detected in Lanconf.

YLim10
Novice

On the left, fail to detect, on the right,it could be detected. Is it because of the compatibility of Intel controller with NVM or anything that I should do in order to be able to program bin file in?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @YLim10​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We suggest you verify that the new flash fulfills with the requirements stated in section 1.4.4, on page 10 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Datasheet document # 333016 that can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

Also, please confirm that the affected design complies with the suggestions stated in the answer to the question 2.23 , on page 9 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs] document # 335346. This document can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/faqs/ethernet-controller-i210-i211-faq.pdf

We hope that this information is useful.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos
YLim10
Novice
0 Kudos
YLim10
Novice

Hi, @Maecenas_INTEL . Could you please continue to provide me advice on this? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
YLim10
Novice

4035.JPG4006.JPGHi. I have checked thoroughly on the timing specs and operating command requirement as I210 in controller datasheet. It fullfilled all the requirement. I have checked the RDID of the flash as below. For MX25L4006E (the detectable flash, image on the right) , 4006E have the same ID code(C220) as MX25L4005 in the supported list , meanwhile for MX25V4035F, the ID code is C223 and not detectable in lanconf (image on the left). I suspect id code recognisation play a part on it. Is it possible for I210 to add on support on the different ID code like C223? Or could you provide any other proposal or suggestion?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @YLim10​:

Thanks for your reply.

It is important to let you know that Lanconf does have this limitation.

Upper Technical Level has communicated that there is a datasheet update coming out shortly that has an updated list of supported Flash parts.

Also, they have a process of validation for adding new flash to the Lanconf tool. They would appear in coming versions.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos
YLim10
Novice

HI @Mæcenas_INTEL​ ,

I have seen that my preferred flash(highlighted) has been added into the validated compatible flash. I would like to get iNTEL guide on validating the flash. And may I know when Lanconf will update the tools? Thank you.supportedMX25V4035F.JPG

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @YLim10​:

Thanks for your update.

Lanconf tools were last updated on November 2018, please verify if this version works for you.

For validation, if the tools can access the chip properly, then we run it through ~1000 R/W cycles to check for electrical and timing compatibility.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​. 

0 Kudos