Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
848 Discussions

Hi, We are using WGI210IS Ethernet LAN Controller in our design .

CKUMA7
Beginner

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Mike_Intel
Hello CKUMA7, Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. Thank you for showing interest on our Intel WGI210IS. How can we help you regarding Intel WGI210IS? If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
CKUMA7
Beginner

​Hi Michael ,

Sorry my previous message was incomplete

We are using WGI210IS Ethernet LAN Controller in our design . For the chip we have used Flash device from ISSI .The part no is IS25LP064. This we selected as we have previously used it in our earlier design and we also have it in our stock .

In the  datasheet of the WGI210IS, they have mentioned few flash devices that are validated and compatible .So in that list IS25WP080DNLE is also mentioned but not IS25LP064

Both IS25LP064 & IS25WP080DNLE are from the same make ISSI. The only difference is in the input voltage range  and the memory size .

I wanted to know if we are going with IS25LP064 will there be any issues while programming it or not?

Kindly suggest me

Thanks,

Chandan

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @CKUMA7​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The suggested devices are the ones that fulfill with the requirements stated in section 1.4.4, on page 10 of the Intel (R) Ethernet I210 Datasheet document # 333016. This document can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
CKUMA7
Beginner

​Hi Maecenas ,

Thanks for the reply .

I gone through the list of devices suggested in that list . The problem is most of the Flash devices in the list are either Obsolete or not recommended for the new design .

So we have used Flash Device IS25LP064 from ISSI . The Flash List  in the intel datasheet also consist of  IS25WP080DNLE  which is the also from ISSI .This chip is validated by Intel

The main difference between these two IC's is with respect to its supply voltage range . Typical VDD for IS25LP064 is 3.3V where as for IS25WP080DNLE is 1.8V

My question is if we use  IS25LP064 will it work or with some software /Firmware changes can we make it work .?

Kindly suggest .

Thanks,

Chandan

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @CKUMA7​:

Thanks for your reply.

It is important to clarify that there are two parts to the flash compatibility list:

- Electrical compatibility with the chip.

- Whitelisted in Intel tools package.

In case that you do not plan on using Intel tools package, but the chips are electrically compatible, then you can use that chip if it is programmed offline.

If you wish to use the Intel tools package, that chip may come back as unsupported as each chip reports back an identifying marker.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello CKUMA7, Thank you for the quick response. Let me check this and get back you as soon as I have an update. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
Mike_Intel
Hello CKUMA7, Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. If you have questions, please let us know. Best regards, Michael L. Intel Customer Support Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos