Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

I210 EEUPDATEW64e.exe /INVMGET Output

idata
Employee

Hi All,

Trying to use the INVMGET command of the eeupdate tool to view the contents of the INVM on an I210-IT. EEUPDATE.txt says

/INVMGET

Dumps the contents of the INVM to the file _otp, where

is the MAC address of the adapter.

But the only file I get back seems to be "FFFFFFFF.raw". Is this an error or a compressed file?

Any assistance appreciated

Rob

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Carlos_A,

Just to let you know this issue is now resolved. It was showing inconsistent behavior because i had not programmed in a mac address. Since programming a mac address into the device it consistently returns a sensible INVM dump.

Thanks for all your help

RobH

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, RobH:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, we would like to address the following questions:

Could you please send us screenshots of the listed problem?

Could you please give us the name and document number of the file related to this situation and where do you download it?

Could you please give us all the information related to the mentioned tool?

Please let us know this information to have a better idea of this situation.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Carlos_A,

I have been out of the office for a few days, please see answers to your questions below:

• The tools were provided to me via Avnet
  • The tools are form a package titled "Quartzville Tools_434998"
  • The Document is "eeupdate.txt" and is Titled "Intel (R) EEUpdate Release Notes April 21, 2016"
  • The tool itself is "EEUPDATEW64e.exe" see properties details page snapshot below

I will get screen shots of me running the tool and the data returned and forward to you as soon as I can.

Thanks

RobH

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, RobH:

Thanks for your reply.

By the way, could you please tell us if the affected design has been developed by you or a third party company? In case that it is a third party project, please give us all the information related to it.

We really appreciate your cooperation.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Carlos_A,

The design has been developed by us. The schematic has previously been checked by Intel.

Here is a screenshot of me running the eeupdate tool with the invmget command

Strangely what I am now seeing is when i run this command multiple times I get different outputs. One that looks valid

and one that looks like an error

Any ideas why this could be happening. Does this indicate that the device is falling to communicate some times?

Regards

RobH

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, RobH:

Thanks for your update.

In order to help you we will contact you via email.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Carlos_A,

Just to let you know this issue is now resolved. It was showing inconsistent behavior because i had not programmed in a mac address. Since programming a mac address into the device it consistently returns a sensible INVM dump.

Thanks for all your help

RobH

0 Kudos