Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

I210-IS : SGMII/SERDES and a TI LVDS Mux (DS15MB200)

Luke705
Beginner

Hi

We are currently developing a board that uses 2 x I210-IS devices that are configured in SGMII mode and these are then connected to a LVDS MUX so that we can change which external PHY is connected to each SGMII through software. 

The MUX we use is the TI DS15MB200. 

We have found that after a few days of successful tests sending packets, the SGMII RX interface (MUX to I210) seems to break permanently while the SGMII TX (I210 to MUX) seems to continue to work. 

This suggests that the TI MUX is maybe driving the SGMII RX incorrectly.

There is no DC or AC specifications in the I210-IS datasheet for the SGMII/SERDES port. 

My questions:
Can I get the DC and AC specifications for the I210-IS SGMII port?

Do you have an example of the I210-IS SGMII port being used with an LVDS signal?

Can you suggest why the SGMII link is being broken?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Luke705,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

Since your issue is regarding an embedded Ethernet controller, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
AlfredoS_Intel

Hi Luke705,

Thank you for posting in our Intel® Ethernet Communities Page.

Since your issue is regarding an embedded Ethernet controller, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Best Regards,

Alfred S

Intel® Customer Support 

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Luke705:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You can find the Serial-GMII AC and DC Specification information and maybe the requested examples in the document listed in the fifth point of the section 1.2.1.1., on page 7 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210 Datasheet document #333016 that can be found on the following website:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/embedded/products/networking/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.html

You should review that your implementation fulfills the requirements that may answer the questions 2.11, 2.13, 2.16, 2.22,  2.23, 2.29, and 2.30, on pages 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11  of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210/I211 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) document # 335346. It can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account on the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/335346.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request or report any inconveniences with the provided site. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best Regards,
@Mæcenas_INTEL.

0 Kudos