Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

I210-IS speed LED and active LED will light up when disable the corresponding PCIE root port

vxian
Beginner

Hi,

we have an issue about the I210-IS, when we set the PCIE root port to "disable", the speed LED and active LED will light up.

when set it to "enable", and there was no link, the LEDs will go out.

We co-lay I210-AT and I210-IS on the schematic, and when mount I210-AT,there was no this issue.

Could you please check whether it is related to the EEPROM or not?

Our EEPROM version is 3.25

Thanks.

Vicky

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, E5-2600 :

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please tell us if this situation is related to an add-in card? Please give us all the information if it is an add-in card.

Could you please clarify us know if it is your own design? In case that it is your design, could you please let us know the sources that you use to develop it and if it has been reviewed by Intel?

Waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
vxian
Beginner

Hi Carlos A,

Thanks for your reply.

The LAN chip I210-IS and SFP are located on the mother board, not an add-in card.

The design follows I210 datasheet and I210 dual design guide. Cause I210-IS is not the first time used on our products, so we did't pass it to Intel.

By the way,we have another project which has the same issue, and we have checked the schematic, we suspect the issue maybe related to the EEPROM, so could you please provide us the latest one? I don't know whether the EEPROM we have is correct or not .

Waiting for your reply, thanks.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, E5-2600:

Thanks for your update.

The https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/572162 Intel I210, I211, and X550 EEPROM Access Tool (EAT) document # 572162 has the requested information.

It is accessible when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account. It can be requested by filling out the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html RDC Account Support form.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos