850 Discussions

I350 SGMII模式使用MAC-TO-MAC应该怎么配置?

wfang14
Beginner

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello wfang14,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Please reply to us in English language because we can only support you in English and we are just using our translator tool to understand your post.

Regarding your inquiry, can you further explain your inquiry and can you also tell us why you need to do it?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel Customer Support Technicians

0 Kudos
wfang14
Beginner

Hello mikel:

Thanks for you reply.

​Now we use I350 on our board. And in HW design, the I350 would work in SGMII mode. But they also design it MAC_to_MAC, that means we use I350 in SGMII mode but we don't use a PHY。

At first, driver probe would error return -2. And I change some code in PHYID process, the eth device can be created。

I want to set force link, force speed with no auto_Negotiation。But there are no info about SGMII mode with NO-autoNegotiation in I350 datasheet。

Can you help me at SKIP auto-negotiation in SGMII mode?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello wfang14,

Before we proceed, are you designing a board and you are going to embed Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter I350?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
wfang14
Beginner

hello Mikel:

​ Yes, we use Intel® Ethernet Network Adapter I350 at SGMII mode。 But we don't connect the I350 to phy. It should work as MAC-to-MAC modes.

It seems that I need change some code to skip auto_Negotiation. Is there any comments about the SGMII without phy design?

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello wfang14,

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues and I will be transferring this thread for faster response. 

Best regards,

Michael L.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @wfang14​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

The information that may help you can be found in section 3.7.4.3, on pages 119 and 120 of the Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I350: Datasheet document # 333171 that can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account at the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/333171.htm 

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request and any inconveniences associated with the listed websites. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/support/my-intel-sign-on-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos