Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
845 Discussions

Intel I225-T1 Exactly what chip is being used?

Thai1
Beginner

Hi,

We are planning to use Intel I225-IT chip on our development board. We would like to buy a PCIe card with I225-IT on it to evaluate the product and confirm its software compatibility with our environment. 

I have found this card https://www.amazon.co.uk/QNAP-QXG-2G1T-I225-Single-4-speed-Network/dp/B08FB83C1H but it uses I225-LM which is not exactly what we are going to use.

May I ask which I225 series is being used on the Intel I225-T1 card? I can't find any document that specifies this.

Also are I225-IT and I225-LM are functionally the same and interchangeable? While searching I have seen a couple of hardware issues with I225-V so we want to be extra careful on this.

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Thai1,

Thank you for posting on Intel Ethernet Communities. 

We will be needing to have this further check since on our site on Intel Ethernet Network Adapter I225-T1 it does advice that its using an "Intel Ethernet Controller I225" however it did not specify exactly which I225 controller is using. 

Please provide us some time to have this check before we provide you our recommendations. Would it be okay if we can ask between 2-3 business days to provide you an update? If you have a preferred date please advise us instead. Thank you and have a nice day

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
Thai1
Beginner

Thanks. If I can get the answer by Monday 4th July it would be the best. 

Can you answer my second question please? Are I225-IT and I225-LM functionally the same and interchangeable? I'm wondering if we could use the I225-LM card for the evaluation instead. From the product brief it seems they're different in operating temperature range but is this the only thing?

0 Kudos
Zigfreid_Intel

Hello Thai1,

Thank you for advising and for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

As per further checking your query will be best answered by our Embedded Connectivity Support team. We will help you move this post to the designated team for further assistance. 

Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance from Ethernet support team.

Best regards,

Zigfreid I.

Intel® Customer Support

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Thai1:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You need to update your account to the premier option to help you. You should fill out the form stated on the following website:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/developer/premier-registration.html
You should use a business email address to evade any inconvenience. Please avoid the free email provider's address (such as the provided by Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo, or others).

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Thai2
Beginner

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Apologies if I'm not doing it right. I have registered using the link you provided with my work email address. For some reason it seems to just create a new account. Am I able to get the support for my questions now?

Best regards,

Thai

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Thai2 :

Thanks for your reply.

It seems that your account with the username @Thai1 is related to another email address than the one used on your request.

In other words, you are creating a new account that is related to the username @Thai2.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
Thai2
Beginner

Hi @CarlosAM_INTEL ,

Yeah I see. So now that I have registered my work email address. Can you let me know what I need to do to get the answers for my questions above? Didn't expect the process to be this complicated.

Thanks,

Thai

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @Thai2:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with information that may help you.
Best regards,
@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
Thai2
Beginner

Okay. Thank you for the help @CarlosAM_INTEL .

Thanks,

Thai

0 Kudos