Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
852 Discussions

My question concerns the Intel Ethernet Controller I210-IT. Detailed question are below.

WBall
Beginner

My question concerns the Intel Ethernet Controller I210-IT

1. On page 783 of the data sheet, Section 11.3.1, Power Supply Spec, for the VCC3P3 parameters it specifies a max overshoot of 100mv. Is this 100mV above the absolute maximum of 4.0 volts or 100mV above the max operating voltage of 3.465 volts?

2. For the overshoot settling time, it references the "steady state voltage". Is the steady state voltage the operation range as defined in this table as 2.97 volts to 3.465 volts? If not what voltage is meant by "steady state voltage"?

3. What is the maximum current load step ( change in current load) for this part?

Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @WBall​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please clarify if your questions are related to a technical problem? In case that your answer is affirmative, please give a detailed description of the issue.

Waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.  

0 Kudos
WBall
Beginner

​No this is not related to a technical problem.    We are in the design phase and have questions concerning the data sheet for the I210 part.    I  look forward to your prompt answer to my questions.  Thank you

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

​Hello, @WBall​:

Thanks for your clarification.

The maximum recommended voltage is 3.465 with 100mv overshoot on power up.

The Ethernet Controller can tolerate very short times of up to 4V, but damage to the part is likely.

Steady state voltage is where the voltage is no longer changing, preferably within that normal operating range.

The power requirements are stated in section 11.5, on page 788 of the  Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I210: Datasheet document # 333016. This document  can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/datasheets/i210-ethernet-controller-datasheet.pdf

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos