Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

NIC 82551IT - Win 10

JEync
Beginner

Hej,

I am looking for the NIC 82551IT for a Win 10 (IoT Enterprise) driver. We Need either the driver as binary or the source code. Any ideas?

We have hands on the source code of an INTEL state of the art NIC for Win 10. Would it make sense to take an old Linux driver and integrate it in the Win driver?

Best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Jürgen:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please tell us if the NIC has been developed by you or a third party company? In case that it is a third party design, could you please give us all the information related to it? If it has been developed by you, could you please let us know if it has been reviewed by Intel?

Waiting for your reply with the information that should answer these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A .

0 Kudos
JEync
Beginner

Hej Carlos,

thanks a lot for your fast response.

If your question is related to my statement "source code of INTEL state of the art NIC", then the answer is easy. We got it from INTEL. It is the driver for the I210IT and we added IEEE-1588.

Best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Jürgen :

Thanks for your update.

Actually, our questions are related to the affected hardware. The requested information can help us to find the information that may help you.

Waiting for your reply with the answers to our previous questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A

0 Kudos
JEync
Beginner

Hej Carlos,

we use the INTEL NIC 82551IT in our hardware. The 82551IT is directly connected to PCI. Currently we operate a Microsoft WES with INTEL's original driver.

I try to find a way to maintain it in the second half of the next decade (2024 ...).

Best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Jürgen:

Thanks for your update.

Based on the provided information, it is important to let you know that your consultation and any related to Intel NIC cards should be addressed to the https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/wired Intel Wired Ethernet Forum .

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
JEync
Beginner

Hello Carlos,

thanks a ot for the tip. I will try it.

Best regards,

Jürgen

0 Kudos