Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
848 Discussions

Programming iNVM for i211

TFont1
Beginner

In the documentation "Programming the iNVM (internal NVM) for the Intel® I211-AT Single-Port Gigabit Network Connection device" it states that in order " To program the file or and MAC address together use the following command:

/EEUPDATE.exe /NIC= /FILE= /MAC= /INVMUPDATE"

I was successful in doing this on a single device with the following command running in the Windowsx64 CMD: "EEUPDATEW64e.exe /NIC=1 /FILE=I211.txt /MAC=001C8F003AE9 /INVMUPDATE"

Now, my question is that I would like to be able to run a batch file that can automatically program and increment the MAC address as I have done with other chips not using iNVM. This used to be done using the following command in DOS:

" eeupdate /NIC=3 /D 82583.txt

eeupdate /NIC=3 /A ADDRESS.DAT

copy eelog.dat ADDRESS.DAT "

Would this be possible with iNVM? Could I somehow use the ADDRESS.DAT file to continue programming and increment the MAC address? Maybe with something like /MAC= ADDRESS.DAT or /A instead of /MAC.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Tyler_Fontaine :

Thank your for conatcting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to better understand your consultation, could you please explain to us why you want to make an implementation without iNVM?

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
TFont1
Beginner

Hello Carlos_A,

With my previous implementation we did not use NVM. The issue I am having now is trying to do things WITH iNVM.

On my previous chipset I was able to run the following command in order to program the third NIC for example:

" eeupdate /NIC=3 /D 82583.txt

eeupdate /NIC=3 /A ADDRESS.DAT

copy eelog.dat ADDRESS.DAT "

Now that I am trying to do things with iNVM it looks slightly more difficult being in a form like ("EEUPDATEW64e.exe /NIC=3 /FILE=I211.txt /MAC=001C8F003AE9 /INVMUPDATE") because it requires the use of /MAC instead of /A ADDRESS.DAT which auto increment the MAC address as use use them. Is there some sort of way to do an implementation that increments the MAC address as you use them?

0 Kudos
TFont1
Beginner

Carlos_A,

Ultimately I would like to know if the following batch file would work in order to program multiple i210 INVM's with increment MAC Address's (place batch.bat, eelog.dat, address.dat and eeupdate.exe on a flash drive and run batch.bat to program each i210):

batch.bat:

eeupdate /NIC=1 /FILE=I211.txt /A address.dat /INVMUPDATE

copy eelog.dat address.dat

eelog.dat:

001C8f003BC2 [7041]

address.dat:

001C8f003BC2 [7041]

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, Tyler_Fontaine :

Thanks for your replies.

It is important to let you know that the iNVM programming of the MAC should work in the same fashion using Eeupdate.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos