Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

X550 AT2 Thermal data

JB100
Beginner

I was wondering if there are any more detailed thermal specifications on the X550 AT2 17x17mm chip. The datasheet isn't very thorough on this, and I would like to do a thermal model for this unit running in a warmer environment.

Thanks

Datasheet only supplies this: Theta j-a and Psi j-t

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello JB100,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Before we proceed and for us to further check this inquiry. Let me just ask if you are designing a board or a system with embedded X550-AT2 card? How would you implement this and please tell us why do you need the thermal data?

If you have questions, please let us know. In case we do not hear from you, we will make a follow up after 3 workings days. Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JB100
Beginner

Hi Michael,

We are designing a board where we use this chip, and need to ensure that we manage the thermals for this IC. The datasheet shows data that we need to keep this device cool with both ports running at 10G.

We are looking to design or implement a heat sink solution, different from the one in the datasheet, but require more data than the datasheet has.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Mike_Intel

Hello JB100,

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @JB100 

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the email address related to your account with information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
JB100
Beginner
0 Kudos