Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

XXV710-AM2 Configuration related

lixinn
Beginner

Hello,
Our company is using a 700 series Ethernet adapter XXV710-AM2, and we are using it for the first time. Our usage scenario is that ARM's PCIE X8 outputs 2X10GE through XXV710. I would like to know:
1. In this compressed package "700Series_NVMUpdatePackage_v8_30_Linux" which .bin file we want to burn into the flash.
2. The flash capacity we use is winbond's W25Q80BV, I see the manual requires 64Mb, is our winbond w25q128bv okay? Are there any necessary requirements for flash capacity?
3. I want to know, Tool and method for burning xxv710-am2 firmware with processor lx2160a and arm64 architecture

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Mike_Intel

Hello lixinn,

Thank you for posting in Intel Ethernet Communities. 

Base on your inquiry, we have specific forum for these issues, we need to route this thread to the correct group so you will be better assisted by the proper team.

Please wait for their reply within 1 to 2 business days.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Michael L.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @lixinn:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

We sent an email to the address related to this account with suggestions that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
lixinn
Beginner

Hello, Carlosam:

Please help me solve the three problems mentioned above, thank you!

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @lixinn:

Thanks for your reply.

We sent again an email to the address related to this account with suggestions that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
lixinn
Beginner

Hello, Carlos:

1. The .bin file you provided is burned in flash W25Q64JVSSIQ,( 564666-710-series-dev-starter-svk-6p80\NVM\XXV710_MCP_6p80_BACKPLANE_NCSI_CFGID12p0_8000408D),but the ARM side recognizes 25GbE, and I need XXV710-AM2 to generate 10GbE*2 application mode. Whether there are corresponding documents available. Thank you!

lixinn_0-1620977797857.png

2. In the current 25GbE configuration mode, the kernel5.4 kernel insmod i40e.ko can see two network ports, as shown in the figure, the configuration IP does not communicate with the external 25GE port. What is the reason? Do you need additional configuration?

lixinn_1-1620978343537.png

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @lixinn:

Thanks for your reply.

We want to address the following questions to understand this situation:

Could you please let us know if the affected designs have been developed by you or by a third-party company? Could you please give the name of the manufacturer, model, and where to find the information related to the affected third-party design? Could you please list the sources that you have used to develop the affected design and if it has been verified by Intel?

We are wainitng for your answer to these questions.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
lixinn
Beginner

hello:

The design have been developed by our company.

the sources we have used to develop,  NVM  We use ” XXV710_MCP_6p80_SFP28_NCSI_CFGID12p0_80003D01.bin"  https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/564666,   but this cfgid is 25GbE, We need 10GbE, so we need cfgid is 10GbE(xxv710-am2),but now i can't find .Bin file that meets the 10GBE configuration。

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @lixinn:

Thanks for your reply.

You should request a review of your implementation following the procedure stated on the following website:

https://edc.intel.com/Tools/Design-Review/Default.aspx

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
lixinn
Beginner

hello:

Can you provide the bin file for downloading the 10GbE configuration and burning it to the flash?  I want to try it first.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @lixinn:

Thanks for your reply.

We suggest force speed on both sides, could you please do it and let us know the results?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos