Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems

add vsi command buffer

migo_gong
Beginner

Does the i40e driver not support sending the 'add vsi' command via the command buffer?

migo_gong_0-1685015900067.png

The driver did not handle the address of the command buffer I passed, which refers to the data high address and data low address in the picture above.

the next code in debugfs.c 

migo_gong_1-1685016004342.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Diego_INTEL

Hello @migo_gong,

I do think that nothing is working because the reason in the other forum, you must try to match compatibilities between the driver and firmware first.

It should work if you are following the guides, but it may be because the reason explained.

Let me know how it goes.

Best regards,

@Diego_INTEL 

0 Kudos
migo_gong
Beginner

Thank you for your prompt response. Below is the translation of your message:

"Thank you for taking the time to reply. Here is the Linux code I have seen:

migo_gong_3-1685090530613.png

My driver version is the latest 2.22.18. However, while examining the command issuing process, I noticed that the driver does not handle the high and low addresses provided in my command. Can you confirm if the address of the command buffer provided in section 7.4.9.5.5.1 of the datasheet for the 'add vsi' command is the address that needs to be provided in the command? If it is, where does the driver handle it? I haven't seen any relevant processing except for the initial allocation of a buffer with a specified length (buff), but buff is not the address I provided for the command buffer. Moreover, the driver still sends this empty buff to the DMA."

migo_gong_1-1685090467282.png

migo_gong_2-1685090474391.png

My firmware version does not meet the latest requirements, and I am in the process of updating it. However, it seems that the driver portion has not been implemented correctly, so even with the firmware update, the issue persists.

0 Kudos