Embedded Connectivity
Intel network controllers, Firmware, and drivers support systems
850 Discussions

eeupdate with I210 not working with UEFI Bios and WIN10 UEFI image.

SWhif
Beginner

We use eeupdate to program flash on I210 network device on legacy bios. Just changed to UEFI bios and eeupdate not working. I210 failed to initialize

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @SWhif​:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

Could you please tell us if the projects related to this forum have been designed by you or by a third-party company? In case that they are third-party units please give the part number, model, name of the manufacturer, where it is stated the information related to it. In case that it is your design, could you please clarify it has been reviewed by Intel and list the sources that you have used to develop it?

Could you please let us know the EEupdate version and all the information of the BIOS associated to the cited condition?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos
SWhif
Beginner

Hi,

Our Design and validated by Intel. We have changed SBC and boot method from BIOS to UEFI -

EEupdate version 5.22.01.00, Intel PRO Network Connections SDK v2.22.1

Bios Vendor: American Megatrends Core version 5.0.1.3 0.27 x64, Compliancy UEFI 2.7.0; PI1.6

Windows 10 embedded

Everything works OK with Boot option filter set to "LEGACY" but when set "UEFI only" get following error when NICs are not yet programmed.

Unable to initialize adapter 1 code c86a2002

Adapter Initialization failed.

Use eeupdate to program flash and set mac address.

command line: eeupdatew64e.exe /nic=1 /d I210.bin /mac=xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Is there a UEFI version of eeupdate?

thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @SWhif​:

Thanks for your reply.

Please try to reproduce this situation using the Intel I210, I211, and X550 EEPROM Access Tool (EAT) document # 572162 [Version: 0.7.8], which is the updated version of the tool mentioned on your previous communication. It can be found when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account at the following website:

http://www.intel.com/cd/edesign/library/asmo-na/eng/572162.htm

The RDC Account Support form is the channel to process your account update request. It can be found at:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html

Best regards,

@Mæcenas_INTEL​.

0 Kudos