Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics
1149 Discussions

Apollo Lake 16Gb LPDDR4 SDP 2 Die, 2 Channel, 1 RANK issue

WHsia
Beginner

Hi Sir ,

We used 16Gb ( 2GB) 2 Die, 2 Channel, one Rank LPDDR4 , but BIOS only show memory size 8Gb (1GB) ,If

we used 16GB ( 2GB) 2 Die , 2 Channel , two rank LPDDR4 , BIOS will show memory size 16Gb(2GB) , How

to fix the DRAM setting ? Below is we setting for one rank LPDDR4.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, wayneh:

Thank for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

In order to be on the same page, could you please tell us if the affected is a third-party design or it has been developed by you? In case that it is a third-party device, could you please give us all the information related to it?

Wating for your reply.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
WHsia
Beginner

Hi Carlos ,

The platform is design by us. The following is platform information.

1. SOC : APL N3350

2. Memory : LPDDR4 2GB x2 on CH0,and CH1( Sunsamg : K4F6E3S4HM-MGCJ ) , but BIOS only shows 1GB on CH0 anc CH1

3. PMIC : Ti

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, wayneh:

Thanks for your reply.

We have researched the "Sunsamg: K4F6E3S4HM-MGCJ" information without results. Could you please provide all the information about this device?

By the way, could you please tell us if you are using the latest BIOS version? In case that you ignore this information, please update it, try to reproduce the cited issue, and let us know the result of this change.

Also, could you please verify if this condition persists with any of the memories stated at the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/platform-memory/apl-lp4-atom-processor-mobile-n-memory-list.pdf List of LPDDR4 DRAMs validated on Apollo Lake platforms?

Waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
WHsia
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I have submitted a IPS which case number is 00254511 , but no one give us a feedback , I have uploaded the the LPDDR4 spec we used if you can download from IPS ,

if you couldn't download it , could you give me your e-mail address ? I can send the spec to you.

micro code is M10506C9_0000002E

MRC version is 0.56

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, wayneh:

Thanks for your update.

Based on your previous communication, could you please verify your memory down implementation using the https://cdrdv2.intel.com/v1/dl/getContent/562971 Apollo Lake-I Platform 2 Channel LPDDR4 Memory Down Trace Length Calculator (TLC) document # 562971 and let us know the results?

This TLC is accessible when you are logged into your Resource & Design Center (RDC) privileged account. It can be requested by filling out the https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/forms/design/contact-support.html RDC Account Support form.

By the way, could you please answer the last question of our previous message?

Waiting for your reply to these questions.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos
WHsia
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

Yes, we had implemented the TLC to verify memory down and result is pass. We had reworked memory down source from Samsung to Micron ( MT53B512M32D2NP) the same Leaf Hill

CRB used and memory size is normal . We asked Samsung FAE about this issue and they replied that K4F6E3S4HM-MGCJ is new part and APL platform may need to update FW to support it

that need to get Intel's support.

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, wayneh:

Thanks for your update.

The best way to obtain the cited Firmware update should be using the channel stated in your communication of the past June 20th, 2018 10:13 PM.

We hope that this information may help you.

Best regards,

Carlos_A.

0 Kudos