Embedded Intel Atom® Processors
Technological Conversations about Intel Atom® Hardware, Software, Firmware, Graphics

Are you serious?

B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

I have requested IPS 18 times. One was ignored, 16 declined and the last one is still pending. The reply is an automated response and no explanation what so ever is given. 

Declined.png

Two minutes after the decline email I receive this email.

Qualcomm.png

Notice that it complains about the email domain doesn't associate with the company name Qualcomm.

My registration for Intel premier support looks like this.

IPS1.pngIPS2.png

As Intel somehow mixes up my company name with Qualcomm and at the same time directs me to the community, it's anvendless loop of no help. Whats goes around, comes around. Cut the politics out from your business and focus on technology.

As Intel has guided me to this community every time I have been declined an IPS account, you need to help me to stop this endless loop.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

Thank you Carlos,

I think the information will help me.

Have a nice day!

B-O

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

Thank you for contacting Intel Embedded Community.

You mentioned that the last request access is still pending.

Due to this fact, we suggest waiting until you receive an answer because you are duplicating our work answering through this channel and providing a reply to your access request.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL   

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

Hi,

I couldn't find the following reply, so I don't know what the answer refer to. No problems has been resolved however.

IntelCommunity210124.png

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

Thanks for your reply.

The answer to your questions should be acquired in the tool that you mentioned.

Due to this fact, you should wait for the answer that you have mentioned in your first communication of this thread.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

I have been waiting for 22 days and nothing has happened. How long do I need to wait? Any estimate?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

Thanks for your reply.

We want to address the following question to have more details related to your consultations:

Could you please let us know the place where you acquired the Intel processors related to your consultations?

We are waiting for your clarification.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

I'm working on a open hardware project for a Z8350 board named Rock Pi X. It's an open design just as the Minnowboards, that are free to replicate for customisation or duplication. We got free samples of the Rock Pi X boards to adopt our BIOS to them.

We have previously made our own version of Minnowboards based on E3815, E3826 and E3845. We added an integrated SSD chip, support for up to 8GB DRAM and some other features. We have been busy developing our software the last 4 years and ready for the next phase.

We may produce a modified Rock Pi X board version for our own needs later, but the BIOS will also be available  for all the Raxda Rock Pi X versions.

Our BIOS allows a 16-bit, 32-bit and 64-bit OS to run. This is the main reason for getting the free samples as the original BIOS is limited to 64-bit operating systems only.

Best regards,

B-O

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

Thanks for your clarification.

However, your last communication does not answer my last consultation.

Could you please answer my last question to give information that may help sooner?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

The answer to your questions should be acquired in the tool that you mentioned.

What tool?

Could you please let us know the place where you acquired the Intel processors related to your consultations?

I have not acquired any Intel processor from any place. I have some Macbook Pro's and several boards from various vendors with Intel processor integrated. I actually don't understand what you are asking for and why it should be relevant. Can you clarify what you want to know and be specific?

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

Thanks for your reply.

The first part of your last communication is unrelated to our last question.

On the other hand, based on the information provided in the second part of your last message, you mentioned that you are asking questions about third-party implementations, which are out of the scope of support of this channel.

Due to this fact, could you please confirm that you addressed your questions to the manufacturers of the devices associated with your questions? Because the proper information is out of Intel's hands.

Hoping that this information clarifies the right path to receive the proper support with your consultations.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

So what you are saying is that BIOS vendors like AMI, Phoenix and Insyde have to ask every product vendor to get the information they need for an architecture?

To my knowledge BIOS vendors are involved from the start of a new architecture and have access to privileged information in the process . As the BIOS general functionality for an architecture is already designed before customisation for a vendor product, it would not be convenient for the BIOS vendor to have to ask a board vendor to open up access to an IPS account.

So the bottom line is that you don't want me to be able to adopt our BIOS to any Intel architecture. What you are saying is all mumbo jumbo, as you are required to say something.

Just look at the replies you are giving! You can not give a straight answer. I'm sorry, it's all BS. Shame on you!

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

Thanks for your updates that we want to clarify.

You told the BIOS vendors can receive private and classified information, but it should be provided to them using the proper channels. You should keep in mind this is a public channel, which is an unauthorized way to give you this type of information, as you may notice in several of our answers. 

We need to find a way to help, so we want to know where you acquired the Intel devices related to your requests. However, your answer clarifying that all this situation is related to third-party designs, put us in the situation to clarify that we do not handle their proper information.

Finally, we are doing the best to help and answer your messages related to a non-embedded Intel device, which should not be supported through this channel, as we mentioned several times as well. It is our proud to help our customers, totally different situation than the stated at the end of your last message.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

As Intel doesn't have any representatives in Sweden any longer I have no clue who to contact. There is no information what so ever on Intel website who to contact.

After the automated declined request for IPS, I get a email from Intel suggesting me to contact the community, which I do.

As you are within Intel it's more likely you know who to contact. You should at least be able to guide me to someone that in turn will guide me to someone else and so on, until I get in contact with the right person.

I know as you know, that you don't have the authority. You should at least be able to move me up on the ladder, so I finally reach to someone with the right authority.

I'm sure you have an internal structure in the company, otherwise it would be a total chaos.

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

We have received your update.

Could you please let us know if you are being contacted in the last few days by a person different than the EDC forum staff to find a way to help you?

We are waiting for your answer.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL.

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

Hello Carlos,

No, I have not been contacted by anyone.

Best regards,

B-O

0 Kudos
CarlosAM_INTEL

Hello, @B-OatPQURE:

Thanks for your clarification.

We have sent an email to the address related to your forum account. It has information that may help you.

Best regards,

@CarlosAM_INTEL

0 Kudos
B-OatPQURE
New Contributor I

Thank you Carlos,

I think the information will help me.

Have a nice day!

B-O

0 Kudos